Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 5 question 15 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 15
Topic #: 5
[All AZ-103 Questions]

Your company has a main office in London that contains 100 client computers.
Three years ago, you migrated to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
The company's security policy states that all personal devices and corporate-owned devices must be registered or joined to Azure AD.
A remote user named User1 is unable to join a personal device to Azure AD from a home network.
You verify that other users can join their devices to Azure AD.
You need to ensure that User1 can join the device to Azure AD.
What should you do?

• A. From the Device settings blade, modify the Users may join devices to Azure AD setting.
  • B. From the Device settings blade, modify the Maximum number of devices per user setting.
  • C. Create a point-to-site VPN from the home network of User1 to Azure.
  • D. Assign the User administrator role to User1.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
The Maximum number of devices setting enables you to select the maximum number of devices that a user can have in Azure AD. If a user reaches this quota, they will not be able to add additional devices until one or more of the existing devices are removed.
Incorrect Answers:
A: The Users may join devices to Azure AD setting enables you to select the users who can join devices to Azure AD. Options are All, Selected and None. The default is All.
C: Azure AD Join enables users to join their devices to Active Directory from anywhere as long as they have connectivity with the Internet.
References:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/device-management-azure-portal http://techgenix.com/pros-and-cons-azure-ad-join/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
aimar047
Highly Voted 4 years ago
Nothing was mentioned neither about devices quota in the setting nor the user first time joining .. I would rate this question incomplete.
upvoted 11 times
Durden871
1 year, 1 month ago
Could join before, now can't. We're assuming no changes were made. You don't need a VPN to join to Azure. You don't need to be an admin. That's two automatically off the board. Since they could, but now it shouldn't be their ability to join. So it only leaves the one answer that makes sense. They just hit their limit.
upvoted 1 times
gerardR
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Answer is correct, because could be A or B, but as says that the other users can join then A doesn't fit, then should be B. There is a isolated user with the issue, so probably he joined more than 20 devices (default setup) and for this reason he can't join news. So, solution it's B.
upvoted 9 times
Amir1909
Most Recent 2 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
2 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
rupayan87
1 year, 5 months ago
there are two questions this one says other users can add here it appears A is correct answer the one below says user could add before https://www.examtopics.com/discussions/microsoft/view/34970-exam-az-104-topic-6-question-10-discussion/ here is appears B is correct
upvoted 1 times
hehe_24
3 years ago
Its stated personal device of user. So 100 client devices are already added. Hence to add additional, the given answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
I
3 years, 1 month ago
Assume one thing: the user's device has been added into Azure AD and can successfully access Azure portal when work in the company at London. He cannot access Azure portal when at home. How to fit this problem? Is my question similar with this question? But this problem is Azure user manager or higher controller set the IP policy that only can access the Azure portal from company Internet IP space.
upvoted 1 times
jjkidd72
3 years, 7 months ago
Could be A or B, damn you MS.
upvoted 8 times
Saman2020
3 years, 8 months ago
Answer is A because by default users can join 50 machines to Azure AD. The problem is “ Users may join devices to Azure AD” is set to a group which that user is not part of that group.
upvoted 1 times
singhpassexam
3 years, 8 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 3 times
DA0410
3 years, 8 months ago
Seems A and B both can be correct. But what if user gets his Mac or Android tablet and MS doesn't allow it ? or its Widows 7 legacy devise ?
upvoted 1 times
TinyTrexArmz
3 years, 8 months ago
I believe the answer is A. If the question had said the user could not REGISTER their device, then the fact that others could do the action would matter because you can either allow everyone to register or no one. You can't have some being able to register and some not, which would mean that the device limit would naturally be the next logical choice. But in this case, they said JOIN, and you can configure certain users to be able to join devices and others not. So the first thing you'd check is if the user has rights to JOIN devices, and if they do then *maybe* B. The maximum number of devices per user is a universal setting. Before I go and change a setting that affects all users, I would first look to see if this user has an unusually high number of devices and remove some of them. If a lot of my users were nearing 20, then B.
upvoted 1 times
Fala_Fel
3 years, 9 months ago
A or B. It could be A if individual users are added to 'Users may join devices' set to 'Selected' and all users except User1 are added, then that's why User1 only can't join their device. So modifying the setting from Selected to All would fix that. It could also be B if they have reached their device quota. It's best guess on this one. I'm going for B - device quota.
upvoted 1 times
P0d
4 years ago
Answer is B as if it reaches the maximum number of devices then User will not be able to join device to AD as the questions is.
upvoted 4 times
LeoZhan
4 years ago
The current answer should be A
upvoted 5 times
Myfeltf65
4 years ago
In my opining B is correct. Tricky question: it says "unable to join a personal device" "A remote user named User1 is unable to join a personal device to Azure AD from a home network"
upvoted 5 times
Benkyoujin
4 years, 5 months ago
Is this option B just due to the generic statement "You verify that other users can join their devices to Azure AD"? I mean, technically it could be set to specific users and this one user isn't selected. The question also doesn't mention if the user has other devices added already, etc. Just poorly worded? Still, why is it 100% B and not A?
upvoted 6 times
vanr2000
4 years, 4 months ago
I think the answer is B, because by default All users that belong to the AD may join devices. If the statement of the scenario describe any other suggestion, like, the policies are only for users in the specific group. I may select the A as an answer.
upvoted 18 times
49Keys
3 years, 7 months ago
Considering the fact that there are 100 employees,there is no way you can add them manually (time consuming obviously) so the default (ALL) is left as is in this company's scenario..That leaves B as the only option,imo
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...