Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-305 topic 6 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-305
Question #: 3
Topic #: 6
[All AZ-305 Questions]

You need to recommend an App Service architecture that meets the requirements for App1. The solution must minimize costs.
What should you recommend?

• A. one App Service Environment (ASE) per availability zone
  • B. one App Service Environment (ASE) per region
  • C. one App Service plan per region
  • D. one App Service plan per availability zone
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
App1 has the following data requirements:
Each instance will write data to a data store in the same availability zone as the instance.
Data written by any App1 instance must be visible to all App1 instances.
Note: The Azure App Service Environment v2 is an Azure App Service feature that provides a fully isolated and dedicated environment for securely running App
Service apps at high scale.
Customers can create multiple ASEs within a single Azure region or across multiple Azure regions. This flexibility makes ASEs ideal for horizontally scaling stateless application tiers in support of high requests per second (RPS) workloads.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/environment/intro

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
GarryK
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: C
No need for dedicated environment. So Azure Service Plan per region is enough.
upvoted 35 times
NotMeAnyWay
Highly Voted 10 months, 2 weeks ago
C. one App Service plan per region An App Service Environment (ASE, option B) is a premium Azure App Service hosting offering that provides fully isolated and dedicated environments for securely running App Service apps at high scale. While it does meet the requirements for App1, it's a costly option compared to the App Service plan (option C). On the other hand, an App Service plan (option C) represents a set of compute resources that you allocate to host your apps. You can host multiple apps in the same App Service plan, sharing the resources and thereby reducing costs. For App1, which is planned to have three instances in each of two regions, it would be more cost-effective to use a single App Service plan per region. This would allow the multiple App1 instances in each region to share the resources of the single App Service plan.
upvoted 13 times
Chenn
Most Recent 2 weeks ago
C. One App Service plan per region. An App Service plan represents the collection of physical resources used to host your apps. All apps associated with a plan run on the same VM instances. By having one App Service plan per region, you can ensure that each instance of App1 runs in the same availability zone as its data store, as required. Option A and B involving App Service Environment (ASE) would provide network isolation and improved scaling capabilities, but it comes with a significantly higher cost, which might not be necessary given the requirements of App1. Option D, one App Service plan per availability zone, could lead to unnecessary complexity and potential increased costs, as each App Service plan is billed separately. Therefore, option C is the most cost-effective solution that meets the requirements for App1. It allows for the necessary distribution of App1 instances across regions, while keeping the associated costs to a minimum.
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
3 weeks ago
I would agree with C due to cost as both B and C can meet the requirements
upvoted 1 times
BShelat
5 months ago
One App service plan per region should be enough if Contoso has only one application App1 or Contoso does not want isolation of App1 and App2 traffic with each other. Ideally both should be isolated and hence two virtual networks per region - each for one app. So App1 having its own virtual network in this ideal scenario, One ASE per region is better option than one app service plan per region.
upvoted 2 times
ziggy1117
5 months, 1 week ago
C. One App Service Plan per region. To be exact, the Basic App Service Plan offers up to 3 dedicated instances for your app to run. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/azure-subscription-service-limits#app-service-limits
upvoted 1 times
xxavimr
8 months ago
In my opinion for two reasons: - With Premium App Service App is enough in terms of zone redundant. It is offered in P2 and P3. - Comparing prices with ASE that is Isolated. ASE in zone redundant is charged with nine instances as minimum regardless of using 3 instances. So it is much expensive. See this link in pricing section (Zone redundant App Service Environment v3): https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/environment/overview?source=recommendations
upvoted 2 times
Leocan
8 months, 1 week ago
Azure Service Plan per region is enough.
upvoted 2 times
ATLTennis
9 months ago
what about this requirement: Connections to App1 must be active-active load balanced between instances. can App Service Plan handle that or we would need ASE to handle this requirement? I am leaning towards Answer B
upvoted 1 times
Darkeh
9 months ago
C - minimize cost, both C and B technically work, but B is more expensive
upvoted 1 times
alexander_panfilenok
10 months, 3 weeks ago
So if the answer is "App Service Plan per region" and there should be 6 instances and there are 2 regions, Can anybody tell me what is the reason to have 3 instances of the same Web App sitting on the same App Service Plan?
upvoted 1 times
alexander_panfilenok
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I have found the answer to my question. Some App Service Plans can be zone redundant. So I suppose the correct answer is C "Azure Service Plan per region"
upvoted 2 times
jeanmi312
1 year ago
Selected Answer: B
In https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/overview-hosting-plans#should-i-put-an-app-in-a-new-plan-or-an-existing-plan Isolate your app into a new App Service plan when: .... - The app needs resource in a different geographical region. In https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/manage-move-across-regions App Service resources are region-specific and can't be moved across regions. As per case study, data for one instance of App1 must be available to all instances of App1 So I would say B even if it's more expensive
upvoted 1 times
SedateBloggs
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: B
I did think C initially, but am angling towards B now (not withstanding the cost requirement) The only additional thing that I would say should be considered should be the need for the data to be available to App1 across all regions and instances. App service plans are region specific. At https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/environment/overview#virtual-network-support its stated "If the App Service Environment virtual network is connected to another network, the apps in the App Service Environment can access resources in those extended networks." Does this not imply that the app can therefore access all data across all six instances? Not sure that having a separate app service plan in each region would allow that portion of the requirement stated
upvoted 2 times
curtmcgirt
1 year, 1 month ago
ASE is too much. ASP will do .
upvoted 1 times
memyself2
1 year, 2 months ago
This was a question was on my exam today (2/26/23) - Scored 844 I selected C, ASE seems like more than requested, if trying to keep it simple
upvoted 8 times
globy118
1 year, 3 months ago
Exam Question 02/15/2023
upvoted 4 times
RandomNickname
1 year, 3 months ago
No need to ASE as far as the requirement go that I can see. ASP should be fine, which also minimizes cost. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/overview-hosting-plans
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...