Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-300 topic 3 question 24 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 24
Topic #: 3
[All PL-300 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.
After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.
You have a clustered bar chart that contains a measure named Salary as the value and a field named Employee as the axis. Salary is present in the data as a numerical amount representing US dollars.
You need to create a reference line to show which employees are above the median salary.
Solution: You create a percentile line by using the Salary measure and set the percentile to 50%.
Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
The median is the middle value or the 50th percentile of a data set.
Reference:
https://dash-intel.com/powerbi/statistical_functions_median.php

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
hoss29
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
A is correct
upvoted 12 times
StasyTHH
Most Recent 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Omg, no, it's B. Guaranteed by a physics PhD.
upvoted 1 times
bbshu0801
4 months ago
Physics PhD doesn't mean anything.
upvoted 2 times
MoxieTT
9 months, 4 weeks ago
This was in the exam
upvoted 3 times
nevesrf
1 year, 3 months ago
na pergunta ele nos pede para criar uma linha de referencia que mostre os funcionários que tem o salário acima da média, o percentil 50 ou mediana não representa a média dos salários logo a resposta está errada, teríamos que criar uma linha de média para poder identificar quem está acima da média. média é diferente de mediana ou percentil 50.
upvoted 1 times
nevesrf
1 year, 2 months ago
sorry I was reading in another language and when google translate the text the median goes to average and makes me get the wrong answer, the A is the correct choice and the explanation at the end is correct I dont know how to erase the comment
upvoted 3 times
csillag
1 year, 4 months ago
A is correct answer. https://support.speedcurve.com/docs/average-median-percentiles
upvoted 2 times
Hoeishetmogelijk
1 year, 4 months ago
I have to correct my previous statement. Median line and percentile line are different options in Power BI. But it turns out that the 50th percentile is the same as the median. I think that this hasn't something to do with Power BI anymore, but I have to recall my previous choice. So the answer must be A.
upvoted 2 times
Hoeishetmogelijk
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: B
No, A is not correct at all! A median line and a percentile line are two different options! Just look at the "Add further analysis to you visual" tab in the visual properties. The right answer is B
upvoted 2 times
0e18c76
1 week, 3 days ago
50th percentile and median are the same. To confirm, I advise you to setting up a line or colum chart in power bi desktop. 1. Add a median line and set the related "Data labels" to on. Then, keep in mind the value dispayed on the related line. 2. Now, instead of the median line, add a percentile line and set the line to 50% and set the data label on. You will notice that the line will be positioned on the same place and the data label displayed will be exactly the same for both, percentile line and median line.
upvoted 1 times
iccent2
1 year, 4 months ago
Percentile like at the 50% is median just just percentile line but at the 50%. What is median? The center number. Dont forget your Statistics 101
upvoted 2 times
iccent2
1 year, 4 months ago
I mean percentile "line" not "like". Admin, please, try and create an edit button. Thank you
upvoted 1 times
lukelin08
1 year, 5 months ago
A is correct
upvoted 2 times
powerbibuddy
1 year, 5 months ago
A is correct
upvoted 4 times
Orkhannnn
1 year, 6 months ago
A - Correct
upvoted 4 times
INDEAVR
1 year, 6 months ago
question 11, topic 3 from DA-100
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...