Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 64 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 64
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure App Services web app named App1.

You plan to deploy App1 by using Web Deploy.

You need to ensure that the developers of App1 can use their Azure AD credentials to deploy content to App1. The solution must use the principle of least privilege.

What should you do?

• A. Assign the Owner role to the developers
  • B. Configure app-level credentials for FTPS
  • C. Assign the Website Contributor role to the developers
  • D. Configure user-level credentials for FTPS
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Mazinger
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C. Assign the Website Contributor role to the developers. To allow the developers of App1 to use their Azure AD credentials to deploy content to App1 using Web Deploy, you should assign the Website Contributor role to the developers. This role provides the necessary permissions for developers to deploy content to the web app, but does not grant them excessive permissions that could be used to make unwanted changes. Option A is not recommended as it would grant excessive permissions to the developers, which could be used to make unwanted changes. Option B and D are not relevant to the scenario as the question is specifically asking for how to use Azure AD credentials for Web Deploy, not FTPS. Option C is a potential solution, but the Website Contributor role provides a more targeted and appropriate level of permissions for the scenario.
upvoted 40 times
lebeyic620
3 weeks, 6 days ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles/web-and-mobile#website-contributor
upvoted 1 times
Muffay
Highly Voted 1 year, 3 months ago
B is wrong because: "To secure app deployment from a local computer, Azure App Service supports two types of credentials for local Git deployment and FTP/S deployment. These credentials are not the same as your Azure subscription credentials." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/deploy-configure-credentials?tabs=cli Correct is C. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles#website-contributor Microsoft.Resources/deployments/* - Create and manage a deployment
upvoted 29 times
smirnoffpremium
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Passed AZ-104 today 03/07/24 879%. 99% of Examtopics questions in my test with exact same wording. This question was on the test, I answered C. Very Thanks to Examtopics.
upvoted 2 times
Seppl
1 month, 2 weeks ago
good to hear, did you learn with the free version or did you buy all questions?
upvoted 1 times
LinuxLewis
1 month, 3 weeks ago
I dont think it is C, as the role says: { "assignableScopes": [ "/" ], "description": "Lets you manage websites (not web plans), but not access to them.", "id": "/providers/Microsoft.Authorization/roleDefinitions/de139f84-1756-47ae-9be6-808fbbe84772", "name": "de139f84-1756-47ae-9be6-808fbbe84772", part of question is to ensure devs can use creds, so I think this is related to that. also dont see in JSON the append or modify action.
upvoted 1 times
lebeyic620
3 weeks, 6 days ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles/web-and-mobile#website-contributor Role has: Microsoft.Resources/deployments/* Create and manage a deployment
upvoted 1 times
bacana
1 month, 3 weeks ago
I beleve B is correct. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/deploy-ftp?tabs=portal
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
1 month, 4 weeks ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
stanislaus450
2 months, 1 week ago
The correct answer is: C. Assign the Website Contributor role to the developers. Explanation: Assigning the Website Contributor role to the developers would grant them the necessary permissions to deploy content to the Azure App Services web app (App1) without giving them excessive privileges. This role provides the necessary permissions for managing the website, including deployment, without granting ownership or administrative rights, thus adhering to the principle of least privilege.
upvoted 2 times
adilkhan
3 months ago
100% C is correct
upvoted 1 times
Wojer
3 months, 1 week ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/deploy-configure-credentials?tabs=cli from what I see you need to be a contributor anyway for app-level (FTPS) and question is saying least possible access, so contributor anyway, this is how I understand
upvoted 1 times
rreghioua
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C The solution must use the principle of least privilege. Website Contributor role with the exact permission: Microsoft.Resources/deployments/* => Create and manage a deployment
upvoted 1 times
Ahkhan
5 months, 1 week ago
This question was on my exam today on 11/14/2023.
upvoted 6 times
Ahkhan
5 months, 1 week ago
I got this question today in my exam.
upvoted 2 times
mattpaul
6 months ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
KelvinAzure
6 months ago
dkeidei ehaece lahei
upvoted 1 times
SOz92
7 months, 1 week ago
Correct is C
upvoted 1 times
iamchoy
7 months, 1 week ago
C. Assign the Website Contributor role to the developers.
upvoted 1 times
mandogrogus
7 months, 1 week ago
Assign the Website Contributor role to the developers.
upvoted 1 times
AntaninaD
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Got this question on 09/09/23
upvoted 4 times
JoaoPrates
6 months, 2 weeks ago
the correct answer was B?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...