Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NS0-162 topic 1 question 6 discussion

Actual exam question from Netapp's NS0-162
Question #: 6
Topic #: 1
[All NS0-162 Questions]

Click the Exhibit button.

You have an SVM-DR relationship as shown in the exhibit. You are given a new requirement to use SnapMirror Synchronous (SM-S) for the data volumes in NFS-
SVM-01.
In this scenario, which solution is supported to enable SM-S in ONTAP 9.8 software?

• A. Set up new SM-S relationships from the FAS2720 to a new destination
  • B. Set up NetApp Cloud Sync with a cloud broker in AWS to replicate to a new destination
  • C. Modify the existing SVM-DR policy to use sync mode
  • D. Set up new SM-S relationships from the AFF A220 to a new destination
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
cima28
Highly Voted 2 years, 6 months ago
I think " D "
upvoted 5 times
kamadopeter
Most Recent 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Incomplete question. You can setup SM-S for a volume with System Manager from the source cluster (answer A) but you can also setup SM-S with the CLI from the destination cluster (answer D)
upvoted 1 times
kamadopeter
4 months, 3 weeks ago
sorry, I meant answer D is possible with System Manager and answer A with CLI
upvoted 1 times
ARG123
5 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Existing SnapMirror relationships can be changed between asynchronous and synchronous relationships. Direct conversions are not supported (Figure 8). The original asynchronous or synchronous relationship must be deleted and released, and a new asynchronous or synchronous relationship created. Note: When releasing the existing relationship, you must use the -relationship-info-only true parameter to the snapmirror release command. This allows the new relationship to be resynchronized with minimal data transfer between source and destination as the common Snapshots are retained. The relationship must be created in destination
upvoted 1 times
kombayn
5 months ago
Correct is A.
upvoted 2 times
panchelimon02
10 months ago
Agree with Mahonycz, set up relationship is done from the destination, which is FAS2720
upvoted 2 times
Ollil
11 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-sm-classic/volume-disaster-prep/task_creating_snapmirror_relationships_93_later.html You must perform this task from the source cluster.
upvoted 1 times
Mahonycz
1 year ago
This is one of the typical test questions that is not clear. It is clear that you cannot convert async to sysnc. You must release async and create new sync. Now playing with words comes in. You are CREATING the relationship FROM Destination. That is from FAS2720. But the synchronization then goes from A220 to FAS2720. I think that if there is SET UP FROM the answer must be A because you set up new relationship from destination - that is from 2720.
upvoted 4 times
Mad_Tannen
1 year ago
D all the way
upvoted 1 times
MartiFC
1 year, 8 months ago
D is the correct answer.
upvoted 2 times
miguelrenzo
1 year, 8 months ago
D is the answer
upvoted 2 times
restrepode
1 year, 11 months ago
Confirm D
upvoted 2 times
curtisimo
2 years, 1 month ago
B is incorrect
upvoted 2 times
Decay0815
2 years, 2 months ago
as said below
upvoted 2 times
needtopassexam
2 years, 3 months ago
I believe D... From AFF
upvoted 2 times
AdnanF
2 years, 4 months ago
answer is : D https://www.netapp.com/pdf.html?item=/media/17174-tr4733pdf.pdf page 23 You cannot convert an Asynchronous SnapMirror relationship to Synchronous (and vice versa) by simply modifying the SnapMirror policy. You must delete and release the existing SnapMirror relationship with the parameter -relationship-info-only and then create a new relationship with the intended policy and resynchronize Page 23
upvoted 4 times
pelo
2 years, 4 months ago
I think the answer shoud be A, because the SnapMirror relationship must be created at the destination cluster
upvoted 3 times
AdnanF
2 years, 4 months ago
I believe you are right . I find the url related bro this question https://thinksystem.lenovofiles.com/storage/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fdata_protection_power_guide%2FB9E36563-1C7A-48F5-A9FF-1578B99AADA9_.html
upvoted 1 times
needtopassexam
2 years, 3 months ago
But the direction should be from AFF to FAS isn't?
upvoted 2 times
alyster
2 years, 4 months ago
https://www.netapp.com/pdf.html?item=/media/17174-tr4733pdf.pdf
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...