Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NCP topic 1 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from Nutanix's NCP
Question #: 3
Topic #: 1
[All NCP Questions]

Which best practice should be followed when creating a bond in a Nutanix cluster?

• A. Place NICs of different speeds within the same bond
  • B. Configure the bond to use LACP
  • C. Only utilize NICs of the same speed within the same bond
  • D. Use the default bond configuration after installation
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Reference:
https://next.nutanix.com/blog-40/maximum-performance-from-acropolis-hypervisor-and-open-vswitch-6312

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
louiscloudie
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
Answer should be C. Nutanix does not recommend to always use LACP
upvoted 10 times
Amsalu
Most Recent 2 years ago
Keep the following recommendations in mind for all bond scenarios to prevent undesired behavior and maintain NIC compatibility: Don’t mix NIC models from different vendors in the same bond. Don’t mix NICs of different speeds in the same bond.
upvoted 2 times
Borbz
2 years ago
Selected Answer: C
Answer C is correct
upvoted 2 times
franjmarti
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Answer C is correct
upvoted 1 times
CharuK
2 years, 10 months ago
C, shall be C only.
upvoted 3 times
swaru2016
2 years, 10 months ago
hello Champs Does Anyone Holding 5.15 Version Exam umps Seems this dumps are old version I attempted but no luck not much helpful.
upvoted 1 times
abo2020
2 years, 9 months ago
i do have them, let me know i can send on whats app
upvoted 3 times
Edittler
2 years, 3 months ago
@abo2020 could you send me the ncp 5.15 to my email?
upvoted 1 times
GAP77
2 years, 4 months ago
I'm interested in 5.15
upvoted 1 times
sivelworks
1 year, 9 months ago
Could you please send me the ncp 5.15 to my email. Thanks
upvoted 1 times
Labeeb
2 years, 8 months ago
This dump in not valid for NCP 5.15 exam. Very few questions appeared from this dump in exam and many are not from this! So don't relay only on this dump for clearing the exam. Hope Examtopic will release the valid dump for NCP 5.15
upvoted 1 times
Rollcar
2 years, 10 months ago
Both c&d are correct… see This scenario uses two physical upstream switches, and each 10 GbE interface in the bond plugs into a separate physical switch for high availability. In the bond, only one physical interface is active when using the default active-backup load balancing mode. Nutanix recommends using active-backup because it’s easy to configure, works immediately after install, and requires no upstream switch configuration. See the Load Balancing in Bond Interfaces section for more information and alternate configurations.
upvoted 2 times
Rollcar
2 years, 10 months ago
Should be d, implementing complex network bonding after installation is unwise, use the default and test this first before using other bond types.
upvoted 1 times
visuu
3 years, 1 month ago
C is correct answer
upvoted 1 times
hm211
3 years, 3 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
joaoarruda
3 years, 4 months ago
C is the best option. "Do not include connected 1 Gb interfaces in the same bond or bridge as the 10 Gb interfaces. Leave the 1 Gb interfaces unplugged, or create a separate bond and bridge for the connected 1 Gb interfaces as outlined in the AHV Networking guide. " https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/solutions/details?targetId=BP-2029_AHV:top_ahv_networking_best_practices_checklist.html
upvoted 2 times
DavidHewlett
3 years, 5 months ago
Agreed, C. Usage of LACP is circumstantial, but links within a bond should always be the same speeds.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...