Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PCNSE topic 1 question 73 discussion

Actual exam question from Palo Alto Networks's PCNSE
Question #: 73
Topic #: 1
[All PCNSE Questions]

The administrator has enabled BGP on a virtual router on the Palo Alto Networks NGFW, but new routes do not seem to be populating the virtual router.
Which two options would help the administrator troubleshoot this issue? (Choose two.)

• A. View the System logs and look for the error messages about BGP.
  • B. Perform a traffic pcap on the NGFW to see any BGP problems.
  • C. View the Runtime Stats and look for problems with BGP configuration.
  • D. View the ACC tab to isolate routing issues.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: BC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ChiaPet75
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Correct: B,C ======= PAN-EDU-311 Advanced Troubleshooting Dynamic Routing module "Confirm virtual router runtime status on the active firewall, go to the Network > Virtual Router screen and click on More Runtime Stats" ======= https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/bgp-traffic-pcap/td-p/237407 For troubleshooting purposes it may be necessary to collect the PCAPs of the OSPF and BGP traffic that the Palo Alto Networks device is processing. The quickest way to perform troubleshooting is through the CLI. To start the BGP capture, use the following CLI command: > debug routing pcap bgp on
upvoted 24 times
Breyarg
2 years, 4 months ago
agreed. i have had to TS this a good few times and only these options actually seem relevant to real life.
upvoted 1 times
Edu147
Highly Voted 4 years, 9 months ago
Correct A,C
upvoted 9 times
tester12
4 years, 7 months ago
Why is not B instead of A ?
upvoted 1 times
jonboy22
1 year, 10 months ago
Probably because B requires more practical legwork than A or C do.
upvoted 1 times
123XYZT
Most Recent 1 week, 5 days ago
I think is A and B
upvoted 1 times
techplus
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AC
A & C are the correct answer
upvoted 2 times
sov4
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AC
I would say AC. The question is very similar to the next on (#74) concerning OSPF. They're both routing protocols so it's reasonable to begin basic troubleshooting the same way -- look at the system logs and stats.
upvoted 1 times
playthegamewithme
10 months, 3 weeks ago
It cant be A because, the system logs doesn't generate logs when it comes to traffic, Ive been through the system logs loads of times and never seen BGP traffic errors being logged. B and C looks more relevant
upvoted 1 times
DenskyDen
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: BC
Tested this.
upvoted 1 times
lildevil
1 year ago
And your results?
upvoted 1 times
hdrnzienlaoroljol
1 year, 2 months ago
B and C
upvoted 1 times
mic_mic
1 year, 3 months ago
Which two options would help the administrator troubleshoot this issue? Can it be A and B? When I view the Runtime Stats, can I troubleshoot? or only see the stats? When I look into the sytem log I see info why not onlu stats (just think out loud)
upvoted 2 times
TAKUM1y
1 year, 7 months ago
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-web-interface-help/network/network-virtual-routers/more-runtime-stats-for-a-virtual-router#id37f2aaf9-bb39-40e8-a838-33f22ccbc05e
upvoted 2 times
UFanat
1 year, 10 months ago
C is correct 100% Between A and B - i choose B: > debug routing pcap bgp on this command is designed for BGP troubleshooting as asked in the question
upvoted 1 times
datz
1 year, 11 months ago
so C is correct. Second answer = Could be A as inside system logs we can filter is based on BGP and see what errors we get. PCAP could possibly valid too.... Also if we are saying no new routes are being populated to vRouter, what is the point of checking runtime logs :/ zzz
upvoted 1 times
asdasd123123iu
2 years ago
I think that A and C are correct. We can check BGP events on System tab and Virtual Router Runtime Status. Capturing traffic is required when we must check if connectivity between peers works correctly.
upvoted 2 times
Joey456
2 years, 11 months ago
'Which two options would help...' Not conclusively identify. Troubleshooting best practices dictate you start with the least involved measures. Of the options, performing a PCAP is the most involved. A, B.
upvoted 4 times
trashboat
2 years, 12 months ago
B is definitely one of the correct options. BGP debug pcap commands will show by far the most detail when troubleshooting BGP. However, A and C could both be correct. You can view status of BGP in the Runtime Stats section of the Virtual Router and this could tell you if BGP is configured incorrectly (but BGP not establishing isn't necessarily an indicator there is a misconfiguration locally); however this is not where BGP is configured (you have to open/edit the actual VR to configure BGP.) For that reason I think A would be the other correct answer, as you can view BGP events in System logs with this filter: (subtype eq routing) and (description contains 'BGP'), which is more useful for actual troubleshooting than just seeing current status.
upvoted 7 times
mohr22
1 year, 2 months ago
A and B is correct. View will give same information which is already has been known in question.
upvoted 1 times
Adamabdi
3 years ago
B,C are correct For troubleshooting purposes it may be necessary to collect the PCAPs of the OSPF and BGP traffic that the Palo Alto Networks device is processing. The quickest way to perform troubleshooting is through the CLI. To start the BGP capture, use the following CLI command: > debug routing pcap bgp on To view the BGP data on the device without the need to export: > debug routing pcap bgp view
upvoted 1 times
theroghert
3 years, 2 months ago
C ITS CORRECT Runtime Stats
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...