Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PMP topic 1 question 848 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 848
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager has been working with the same group of stakeholders for 3 years using a predictive approach. The stakeholders have invested in many projects and are familiar with the approach. Recently, the organization has strongly encouraged all project managers to adopt an agile approach. This was announced 2 weeks before the project manager planned to kick off a large, complex project with the same group of stakeholders.

What should the project manager do?

• A. Continue to use the predictive approach in the new project since it is the approach the stakeholders are familiar with using.
  • B. Share the pros and cons of adopting an agile approach for the new project only with the team and ask them to decide which approach to use.
  • C. Use the agile approach in the new project and schedule agile training for those stakeholders who are new to this approach.
  • D. Share and discuss the pros and cons of adopting agile with the stakeholders and choose the approach they prefer for the new project.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
UppersquareCapital
1 week, 5 days ago
Selected Answer: D
Share and discuss the pros and cons of adopting agile with the stakeholders and choose the approach they prefer for the new project.
upvoted 2 times
Trytrio
3 months ago
Company wants that but is it the best approach? Ask the team to find consensus.
upvoted 2 times
Abdelmonm
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
This option strikes a balance between adopting the organizational mandate for agile and considering the familiarity of stakeholders with the predictive approach. By choosing the agile approach, the project manager aligns with the organization's direction while acknowledging the stakeholders' need for adaptation. Scheduling agile training for stakeholders who are new to this approach demonstrates a proactive effort to bridge the knowledge gap and facilitate a smoother transition.
upvoted 1 times
kevzzz
3 months, 3 weeks ago
I dont understand why "D" can't be the answer. Everyone knows everyone, talk about it before jumping in and see what everyone has to say.
upvoted 3 times
chlaithem
3 months, 3 weeks ago
i guess it is C as the organization has strongly encouraged all project managers to adopt an agile approach
upvoted 1 times
xcjxcj
4 months ago
Choosing which approach is PM decision and responsibility with consideration of organization status. It should not based on stakeholder preference.
upvoted 1 times
psvexam
4 months ago
Ans C The question states ”organization has strongly encouraged all project managers to adopt an agile approach”. Given this situation, the Project manager will be found at fault if they do not take measures to move to agile. The question does not state that the Orgn will give flexibility. So best choice is C.
upvoted 1 times
odylec
4 months, 1 week ago
C is the answer. The company decides to use agile. End of story. Now you must train the stakeholders.
upvoted 2 times
odylec
4 months, 1 week ago
Everyone says that D is the answer I want to tell me if stakeholders decide to choose predictive you will go against the company and you will return to predictive approache?
upvoted 1 times
UppersquareCapital
1 week, 5 days ago
As PM you are the professional here. A client may ignorantly recommend an approach. It is your duty to enlighten him and provide insights to enable him make an informed decision.
upvoted 1 times
Only12go
6 months, 2 weeks ago
While stakeholders may be familiar with the predictive approach, it's worth considering the advantages of agile, especially for complex projects. However, it's crucial to engage stakeholders in this decision-making process rather than imposing a new approach on them abruptly. (encouraged)
upvoted 1 times
victory108
6 months, 4 weeks ago
D. Share and discuss the pros and cons of adopting agile with the stakeholders and choose the approach they prefer for the new project
upvoted 1 times
AngelVii
7 months, 3 weeks ago
I will choose D
upvoted 2 times
SynikalDemon
8 months ago
D - My Stakeholders aren't going to be thrilled if I force agile on them.
upvoted 1 times
khaleghi
8 months, 1 week ago
sorry i think D is correct, which involves discussing the pros and cons of Agile with stakeholders and making a collective decision, is seen as more balanced and respectful of the long-term relationship with these stakeholders. It provides a platform for education, buy-in, and potentially a smoother transition to Agile if that's the path chosen.
upvoted 2 times
khaleghi
8 months, 1 week ago
it's answer
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...