Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PMP topic 1 question 473 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 473
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A company's project management office (PMO) has been trying to implement an adaptive approach in the project management framework and a project manager has been asked to use adaptive tools in their next project. This is not the first time the request has been made and the previous project failed when adaptive tools were implemented.
What should the project manager do?

• A. Prepare a change request and seek approval from the steering committee regarding the new project framework
  • B. Conduct individual interviews with key stakeholders in order to understand all concerns, then prepare a communications management plan
  • C. Bring in a third party company to develop and implement a hybrid framework for this specific project
  • D. Recommend to the PMO that it is not the right time to start implementing adaptive tools in projects
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
d482858
2 weeks, 2 days ago
It’s never the best option to hire a third party. The PM mindset requires the PM to be proactive and not reactive. Use all options you can within the organization first before you make the final decision on getting a third party to do the job.I choose B.
upvoted 1 times
Only12go
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
In this situation, the project manager should consider a cautious and proactive approach to address the previous challenges with implementing adaptive tools and frameworks. Here are the steps they should take: B. Conduct individual interviews with key stakeholders in order to understand all concerns, then prepare a communications management plan. This approach allows the project manager to gather insights from key stakeholders regarding their concerns and challenges related to the previous project's failure when adaptive tools were implemented. By conducting individual interviews, the project manager can gain a deeper understanding of specific issues and perspectives.
upvoted 1 times
victory108
8 months ago
B. Conduct individual interviews with key stakeholders in order to understand all concerns, then prepare a communications management plan
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
8 months, 3 weeks ago
This option allows the project manager to gather firsthand insights from stakeholders about their concerns, challenges, and perspectives on using adaptive tools. By understanding these issues, the project manager can then develop a comprehensive communications management plan to address and mitigate potential problems. Effective communication is crucial for managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring a successful implementation of any changes in project management practices.
upvoted 1 times
kevzzz
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Adaptive project management is an approach that prioritizes learning from previous outcomes and decisions to improve future practices. So if you conduct individual interviews with stakeholders, figure out the best path forward and create a communication plan, then you can proceed. Spending extra money (outside contractor) is never the answer.
upvoted 1 times
Faozi
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
The PM has failed before in an attempt to use adaptive. The best is to hire an external party to build the framework so that he may have coaching on adaptive from an experienced source.
upvoted 4 times
noppy
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I think A is the correct answer. Option B, "Conduct individual interviews with key stakeholders," is a good approach in my opinion. However, I'm not sure why "prepare a communications management plan" is mentioned as the solution of this issue in the question. Option C, "a hybrid framework," refers to a different aspect than "an adaptive approach in the project management framework" mentioned in the problem, so it is incorrect. Option D, going against the opinion of the PMO, is inappropriate in general. Instead, I believe it would be better to follow the PMO's suggestion in option A. If PM makes a change requests according to PMO's opinion, i think the risk associated with responsibility will reduce. Also, PM can keep a good relationship with the PMO. If the request is denied by the steering committee (due to reasons mentioned in previous project failures), I believe the PMO could not raise the any complaint with the PM regarding the problem. Please let me know if there are any parts where I might be mistaken.
upvoted 1 times
AlekhyaT
11 months ago
Should analysed what happened before and need to get consent before using adaptive tools
upvoted 3 times
MattAnya
11 months, 2 weeks ago
I select B There is a need to conduct individual reviews to know why adaptive failed the first time
upvoted 1 times
Hung3102
1 year, 1 month ago
the project manager should conduct individual interviews with key stakeholders to understand their concerns and prepare a communications management plan. This will help the project manager to identify the issues that caused the previous attempt to fail and to address them in the new project.
upvoted 1 times
meetkamal
1 year, 2 months ago
Needs to review concerns before planning, going with B option
upvoted 3 times
modsjunk
1 year, 4 months ago
the answers seems weird, the correct answer would be to look at lesson learnt and figure out why it failed
upvoted 2 times
PMPStudent
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Between B & C, it is a tough choice. Hybrid Framework makes sense as they failed the last time. Hybrid is the recommended approach when companies are transitioning to agile. The only thing that bothers me about C is to hire a third party. B seems like a good option, but by preparing the communications plan wont help with the project success. If people dont know how to go agile then what good would be a communication plan? Communication plan is all about : who, when, what and how much. I am confused between the 2 options. Since they failed last time, there is no point in taking the risk and best to hire a third party. I am going with C
upvoted 3 times
YYemi
1 year, 5 months ago
Looking at it again, it should be C. Hybrid because they had failed at agile and may not be ready for a full on agile methodology.
upvoted 2 times
rajeshtk
1 year, 7 months ago
I think correct answer is B. PM can't bring any third party for a framework development
upvoted 4 times
Franco11
1 year, 7 months ago
As the first time failed, maybe he should bring some expert and use the lessons learned.
upvoted 1 times
rajeshtk
1 year, 6 months ago
why the answer C says 'hybrid framework'? I tend to go with B
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...