Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PMP topic 1 question 36 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 36
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

Eight highly qualified experts have been assembled to work for a 6-month period on a specific aspect of an organization's product development process.
How should the project manager support this team to succeed?

• A. Define roles and targets for all team members and regularly follow up with one-to-one meetings to review progress.
  • B. Hand over control of specific aspects of their roles as experts and let them agree on their own timelines and targets.
  • C. Work with the team members to define the overall objective and support them to engage around the goal.
  • D. Bring in a senior colleague who is also an expert to ensure the team is on track to achieve the goals and objectives.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Lagz
1 week, 5 days ago
Selected Answer: C
C is the answer
upvoted 1 times
NVHNVH
3 weeks, 1 day ago
son equipos expertos
upvoted 1 times
BuviD
4 months ago
C. Work with the team members to define the overall objective and support them to engage around the goal.
upvoted 1 times
GabMonterey
5 months, 1 week ago
Answer is C, question is how you support the team so C.
upvoted 1 times
Farooqsm
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is C. Because question is how should the project manager support the team ? He can sypport them by working with them
upvoted 1 times
Pranav2204
7 months, 2 weeks ago
C is the answer
upvoted 1 times
Asakthi
9 months ago
Aim of a team is to achieve common goal
upvoted 1 times
Muntadher
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Can i ask why not B ? they are expert and they can manage themselves. he can cascade some authority for them with minimal supervision to make sure they are on track... althogh C can be as well.
upvoted 1 times
Akilap
6 months, 2 weeks ago
I assume that "B" is wrong because these words; "on their own timelines and targets" !!!
upvoted 3 times
victory108
11 months, 4 weeks ago
C. Work with the team members to define the overall objective and support them to engage around the goal
upvoted 1 times
Anna12675
1 year ago
voted c
upvoted 1 times
RaajAli109
1 year, 2 months ago
We can't handover to project teams even their high level of expertise.. PM should work with team to set objectives not to give control to team
upvoted 3 times
achacyrille
1 year, 2 months ago
The PM si a servant leader that should act like a facilitator to the highly qualified team members in establishing a safe, trustworthy and transparent working environement while communioning them to a common project goal.
upvoted 2 times
Madawu
1 year, 3 months ago
My best choice is C. B was close but I discarded it due to the fact that the PM gives control to SMEs.
upvoted 1 times
AndU1
1 year, 3 months ago
I would choose C. B sounds good, but I don't think PM should let the SMEs decide the target themselves.
upvoted 1 times
PMPStudent69
1 year, 3 months ago
Project Manager has in charge the project management function, so in this perimeter he has to support the SME's to project's objectives.
upvoted 4 times
meetkamal
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: B
As team highly qualified, PM needs to handover control for Specific aspects
upvoted 1 times
RagazzoAlex
1 year, 2 months ago
Perhaps highly qualified from the technical perspective but not from PM perspective
upvoted 2 times
Pranav2204
7 months, 2 weeks ago
This only applies to agile team, in question it is not mentioned as agile.
upvoted 1 times
Ganzee
1 year, 4 months ago
B. Hand over control of specific aspects of their roles as experts and let them agree on their own timelines and targets
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...