Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam EX200 topic 1 question 27 discussion

Actual exam question from RedHat's EX200
Question #: 27
Topic #: 1
[All EX200 Questions]

SIMULATION -
Create User Account.
Create the following user, group and group membership:

Adminuser group -
User natasha, using adminuser as a sub group
User Harry, also using adminuser as a sub group
User sarah, can not access the SHELL which is interactive in the system, and is not a member of adminuser, natasha harry sarah password is redhat.
ן¼
ן¼

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
groupadd adminuser
useradd natasha -G adminuser
useradd haryy -G adminuser
useradd sarah -s /sbin/nologin
Passwd user name // to modify password or echo redhat | passwd --stdin user name id natasha // to view user group.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
PENNSHARK
3 months, 4 weeks ago
lets assume natasha harry and sarah arent made yet which you can check using id "their usernames" lets also assume adminuser isnt created yet if it isnt you can run grep adminuser /etc/group to check if they arent groupadd adminuser useradd -G adminuser natasha useradd -G adminuser Harry useradd -s /sbin/nologin sarah passwd natasha passwd Harry passwd sarah grep adminuser /etc/group to verify if the two users are in there
upvoted 1 times
deepbrown
11 months, 2 weeks ago
# groupadd Adminuser # for i in natasha Harry ; do useradd -G Adminuser $i ; echo "redhat" | passwd --stdin $i ; done # useradd -s /sbin/nologin sarah ; echo "redhat" | passwd --stdin sarah
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...