Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam EX200 topic 1 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from RedHat's EX200
Question #: 1
Topic #: 1
[All EX200 Questions]

SIMULATION -
Configure your Host Name, IP Address, Gateway and DNS.
Host name: station.domain40.example.com
/etc/sysconfig/network
hostname=abc.com
hostname abc.com

IP Address:172.24.40.40/24 -

Gateway172.24.40.1 -

DNS:172.24.40.1 -

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: See explanation below.
# cd /etc/syscofig/network-scripts/
# ls
# vim ifcfg-eth0 (Configure IP Address, Gateway and DNS) IPADDR=172.24.40.40

GATEWAY=172.24.40.1 -

DNS1=172.24.40.1 -
# vim /etc/sysconfig/network
(Configure Host Name)
HOSTNAME= station.domain40.example.com

OR -
Graphical Interfaces:
System->Preference->Network Connections (Configure IP Address, Gateway and DNS) Vim /etc/sysconfig/network
(Configure Host Name)

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
QuangTruong
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
#cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ #ls #vi ifcfg-eth0 IPADDR=172.24.40.40 PREFIX=24 GATEWAY=172.24.40.1 DNS1=172.24.40.1 #hostnamectl set-hostname station.domain40.example.com
upvoted 19 times
xXxM__JxXx
2 years, 1 month ago
hi, how do you make this configuration in effect? it tried systemctl restart networkmanager but the service is not found. i tried nmcli networking off and on but this does not take effect also. i did systemctl reboot for this to work. thank you for the advise. btw using nmcli con mod enables me to use nmcli networking off and on to make the changes in effect.
upvoted 2 times
eddiemy
2 years, 1 month ago
Either way using ifdown eth0;ifup eth0 or nmcli conn up eth0
upvoted 2 times
kathee
1 year, 2 months ago
systemctl restart network.service
upvoted 1 times
scarylucky
12 months ago
should be systemctl restart NetworkManager
upvoted 2 times
Luca_D
1 year, 1 month ago
It's true up to Rhel 8 , in Rhel 9 configuration files are in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
upvoted 4 times
anon201
11 months, 3 weeks ago
nmcli con reload afterwards and it works like charm !
upvoted 3 times
PERjham
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
There is many ways to achieve the tasks, remember! In this case, for this question all the commands working in rhel 7 also work in rhel 8. Again, remember, there is many ways to resolve the questions. For example, if you can change the hostanme, you can use the cli (hostnamectl) or modifying directly the archive for that purpose: /etc/hostname. If you can modify the network details, you can use, nmcli (cli for network mannager), nmtui (TUI for network manager) or modify the archives directly. You can choose any of the ways you want!
upvoted 16 times
student_vmware
Most Recent 1 week, 5 days ago
This dump is valid for Redhat 9? Thanks!
upvoted 2 times
student_vmware
1 week, 5 days ago
this dump is valid for Redhat 9? Thanks!
upvoted 1 times
thomasstate
5 months, 2 weeks ago
after i config, can't ping anymore ist normal?
upvoted 1 times
dunia
7 months ago
hello all , in the exam there is two connections which connection we should edit ?the active one ( the first connection ) we modify the existing OR we edit the second connection ? please anyone can answer?
upvoted 2 times
E4ellis
7 months, 2 weeks ago
My recent success in my professional career is passing EX200 exam and it all happened because of Pass4surehub. Pass4surehub was recommended to me by a friend of mine but at that time I hadn’t the idea that Pass4surehub Study Guide could be this much fruitful. However, within days, I felt confident that I can ace the exam and I passed EX200 certification exam getting a huge score! Pass4surehub really works! GET MORE INFO: https://www.pass4surehub.com/redhat/ex200-dumps.html
upvoted 5 times
Akira_Goketsu
7 months, 3 weeks ago
you can use nmtui it is more faster way, it work for exam version 8
upvoted 2 times
ACM13
9 months, 1 week ago
"nmtui" is easier to remember and can achieve both goals. "nmcli" is also easy but required a bit more of remembering the right order of the commands for exemple
upvoted 3 times
shubby12
11 months ago
#cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ #ls
upvoted 1 times
Rahul95
11 months, 1 week ago
#hostnamectl set-hostname station.domain40.example.com #hostnamectl - to verify #nmcli connection modify eth0 ipv4.addresses 172.24.40.40/24 ipv4.gateway 172.24.40.1 ipv4.dns 172.24.40.1 ipv4.method static #nmcli connection down eth0 #nmcli connection up eth0 # ping 172.24.40.1 - to verify
upvoted 10 times
shamySx
10 months, 4 weeks ago
Love you Rahul
upvoted 1 times
jahmad0730
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Do you need mask of 24 in the network-scripts vi? As in... IPADDR=172.24.40.40/24 or IPADDR=172.24.40.40 ???
upvoted 1 times
Ozarsif
7 months, 2 weeks ago
yes, you do. otherwise you will get IP of 172.24.40.40/32
upvoted 2 times
cloudsinair
11 months, 4 weeks ago
RHEL 9.1 root]# root]# hostnamectl set-hostname station.domain40.example.com root]# root]# cat /etc/hostname root]# nmcli connection add con-name MyExam ifname ens224 type ethernet ipv4.addresses 172.24.40.50/24 ipv4.gateway 172.24.40.1 root]# root]#nmcli connection modify MyExam ipv4.dns 172.24.40.1 root]# root]# nmcli connection modify MyExam ipv4.method manual root]# root]# nmcli connection up MyExam root]# root]# nmcli device
upvoted 3 times
duracell
4 months, 1 week ago
hostnamectl hostname station.domain40.example.com is correct, whithout set-
upvoted 1 times
DBrown
1 year, 2 months ago
Option 1 - #sudo nmtui (gui configuration) Option 2 - #nmcli connection modify ipv4.method manual ipv4.addresses 172.24.40.40/24 ipv4.gateway 172.24.40.1 ipv4.dns 172.24.40.1 #hostnamectl set-hostname station.domain40.example.com #sudo nmcli connection down enp0s3 && sudo nmcli connection up enp0s3
upvoted 5 times
Luca_D
1 year, 1 month ago
DBrown, why enp0s3? I took the exam and there are two connections, eth0 (active) and enp0s3. I couldn't understand if I had to modify eth0 or add an address to enp0s3. Thanks
upvoted 1 times
dunia
7 months ago
so which connection you have edit on the exam ?
upvoted 2 times
rhcsa_conqueror
1 year, 3 months ago
For RHCSA 9 we can use nmtui right. I feel this is very easy. Any one please confirm
upvoted 4 times
Kengoudy
1 year, 4 months ago
When ls in the network-scripts, I get readme- ifcfg- rh.txt. Am I suppose to touch ifcfg-etho into network-scripts?
upvoted 2 times
Dewitts68
11 months, 4 weeks ago
it has moved. Read the readme for more information. /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ <--- is the new location of the config files
upvoted 1 times
SachinRao
1 year, 9 months ago
vi /etc/hostname station.domain40.example.com
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...