Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PSM II topic 1 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from Scrum's PSM II
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All PSM II Questions]

Peter, the Product Owner, has been giving positive recognition to individual Development Team members who have moved their work to 'done' during the Daily
Scrum. Peter wants to ensure the team is adhering to the ideal guideline on the burndown chart.
What would be two valid actions for Steven, the Scrum Master, to take? (Choose two.)

• A. Steven talks with Peter about concerns of how his behavior might impact the team members and request that he stop attending for now.
  • B. Steven coaches Peter on best practices for updating the burndown chart as it provides accurate information on how well the team is performing.
  • C. Nothing. Steven is optional at the Daily Scrum and it is the responsibility of the team to decide how to best run it.
  • D. Steven coaches the Scrum Team about the purpose of the Daily Scrum.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AD 🗳️
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand
Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions are helpful and which aren't.
The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ensa
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
I think BD are right. The SM can not say to the PO not attending Daily. If the Development team decided Peter could join because the Development team are the owner of daily
upvoted 8 times
RajnishSasmal
2 years ago
I was thinking B,D were correct. Can SM asked PW not to attend daily scrum.
upvoted 1 times
Ameet9
Most Recent 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Selected Answer: BD
dont attend cant be told by scrum master
upvoted 1 times
UlrichIng
2 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
A and D
upvoted 1 times
LuckyAro
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Obviously the correct answers.
upvoted 1 times
LuckyAro
3 months ago
Coaching Peter on best practices for updating the burndown chart helps ensure that the team adheres to the ideal guideline on the burndown chart, promoting accuracy in assessing team performance. Coaching the Scrum Team about the purpose of the Daily Scrum helps reinforce the importance of the Daily Scrum and guides the team in understanding and following the intended practices.
upvoted 1 times
bzub
7 months, 1 week ago
burndown charts are best practices but NOT part of scrum itself.
upvoted 1 times
Mi_Windsor
9 months, 1 week ago
BD is the correct answer. Thanks
upvoted 1 times
lenanguyen89
11 months, 1 week ago
A & D are my answer
upvoted 1 times
amog
3 years, 1 month ago
Agree on A,D. Nothing wrong or mismatch with burndown chart here
upvoted 1 times
Elaine520
3 years, 1 month ago
A, SM is helping with team culture B, the 2nd half answer has nothing to do with this given condition(the problem is not abt not updating the burndown correctly )
upvoted 2 times
Edgecrusher77
3 years, 2 months ago
I think AD are correct. In A, the main concern is the behavior of the PO, by congratulate some specific dev team members, so it can affect the whole team mood and create tension. The PO must't influence the Dev team, as it's an autonom entity. About D, no question on this, it's correct
upvoted 1 times
TripleN
3 years, 3 months ago
I concern about AD or BD too. I also did research on the Scrum Guide, and get what is defined The Guide says: "The Scrum Master enforces the rule that only Development Team members participate in the Daily Scrum." So SM can say stop attending to PO. AD is the right in scope of Scrum Guide. But, I think PO can join with the observation view.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...