Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SAT Test topic 1 question 8 discussion

Actual exam question from Test Prep's SAT Test
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All SAT Test Questions]

Your knowledge of English Literature `" to which I am indebted for the first faithful and intelligent translation of my novels into the Italian language `" has long since informed you, that there are certain important social topics which are held to be forbidden to the English novelist (no matter how seriously and how delicately he may treat them), by a narrow-minded minority of readers, and by the critics who flatter their prejudices. You also know, having done me the honor to read my books; that I respect my art far too sincerely to permit limits to be wantonly assigned to it, which are imposed in no other civilized country on the face of the earth.
When my work is undertaken with a pure purpose, I claim the same liberty which is accorded to a writer in a newspaper, or to a clergyman in a pulpit; knowing, by previous experience, that the increase of readers and the lapse of time will assuredly do me justice, if I have only written well enough to deserve it.
What is the overall mood of this passage?

• A. incipient
  • B. witty
  • C. sarcastic
  • D. curious
  • E. angry
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E 🗳️
The author is angered that he has to write for a foreign audience as the critics of the time in his homeland refuse to endorse his treatment of a social occurrence.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
kishanrao
1 year, 7 months ago
i don't understand the explanation that much.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...