Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam VMCE2020 topic 1 question 14 discussion

Actual exam question from Veeam's VMCE2020
Question #: 14
Topic #: 1
[All VMCE2020 Questions]

A Veeam backup administrator, protecting all VMs in a VMware environment with backups and replicas, has been requested to run a multi-server application in an
On-Demand Sandbox. The sandbox needs to stay powered on, uninterrupted, for 30 days while daily backups and replicas continue to run. How can this be done?

• A. Create an application group and leverage regular replica restore points as the source for the application group
  • B. Create a (secondary) replication job for the required VMs that are not scheduled to run; create a SureBackup job and use these replicas as the source
  • C. Create a (secondary) replication job for the required VMs that are not scheduled to run; make an application group and use these replicas as the source
  • D. Create an application group and leverage regular backup restore points as the source for the application group
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
moustickiller
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: B
agree with Study_hard could be B even if not a complete answer because for a complete Sand box you need in V11 : -a virtual lab -an application Group -a surebackup job https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/sandbox.html?ver=110
upvoted 2 times
EkaWangsa
2 years, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
correct is C
upvoted 2 times
eduzimrs
2 years, 2 months ago
D is the one!
upvoted 1 times
dandu
2 years, 11 months ago
correct is C
upvoted 3 times
mwdong
2 years, 11 months ago
C should be correct. Application group is required for sandbox.
upvoted 1 times
lakol1
2 years, 11 months ago
seems to be C
upvoted 1 times
Study_Hard
2 years, 11 months ago
Looked a little further and found that without an application group you don't have the option to "Keep the application group running after the job completes" when creating a Surebackup job. So the VMs would be tested, powered off and not run for the requested 30 days. Looks like answer B would be excluded.
upvoted 1 times
Study_Hard
2 years, 11 months ago
Tested this in my lab. Veeam B&R 10 I can create a Surebackup job as follows:1. Give the job a name. 2. Select a virtual lab (required). 3. Select an application group.  I can choose an existing app group or select "No application group" - selected No application group. 4. I have the option to select a linked job. - did that, selected my Windows servers backup job. 5. Settings - Option to select Backup file integrity scan, Malware scan, Notifications. 6. Schedule - did not create a schedule. So what I gleaned from this is that you definitely need to configure a Surebackup job but don't necessarily need an application group.  So if you create the second replication job for the VMs that need to be in the sandbox and link the Surebackup job to that replication job it should work to create a sandbox.  -- I'm sticking with B.
upvoted 2 times
eduzimrs
3 years, 2 months ago
Must be C due to Sandbox requirements (app group)
upvoted 1 times
Gerry_Lin
3 years, 2 months ago
C is the correct
upvoted 1 times
lu100637
3 years, 3 months ago
B is the correct answer https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/sandbox_configure.html?ver=100
upvoted 1 times
lu100637
3 years, 3 months ago
I'm wrong, it's C, Kratos_C4DR has right
upvoted 1 times
Kratos_C4DR
3 years, 4 months ago
C, is the correct answer because the only way to generate a DataLab is using Application Group when you create a Surebackup Job. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/surebackup_job_appgroup_vm.html?ver=100
upvoted 3 times
rmtest
3 years, 4 months ago
C https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/appgroup_vms_vm.html?ver=100
upvoted 2 times
vjeeke
3 years, 4 months ago
must be B
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...