Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-21.23 topic 1 question 6 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-21.23
Question #: 6
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-21.23 Questions]

A vSphere cluster has the following configuration:
Virtual machines (VMs) are running Production and Test workloads vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) is enabled
There are no resource pools in the cluster
Performance monitoring data shows that the Production workload VMs are not receiving their fully allocated memory when the vSphere cluster is fully utilized.
A combination of which two steps could the administrator perform to ensure that the Production VMs are always guaranteed the full allocation of memory? (Choose two.)

• A. Assign a custom memory share value to the resource pool containing the Production VMs.
  • B. Assign a memory reservation value to the resource pool containing the Production VMs.
  • C. Create a parent resource pool for the Production VMs.
  • D. Create a sibling resource pool for each of the Production and Test VMs.
  • E. Create a child resource pool for the Test VMs.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AB 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
michael24
Highly Voted 11 months, 1 week ago
BC: You guarantee resources by setting a reservation on the pool. You cannot set a reservation on a pool that doesn't exist, so voting BC.
upvoted 14 times
michael24
11 months ago
I ended up selecting D & A based on another article on VMware website. Passed with 428.
upvoted 6 times
lafegob
9 months, 1 week ago
which article man ?
upvoted 7 times
calibra
8 months ago
A is about shares, a percentage shared, no guarantees. Reservation are the only way to guarantee resources. B would be my pick next the question only talks about production, it does not talk about guarantying resources to test. The minimum to complete would be C
upvoted 1 times
elekgeek
2 months, 3 weeks ago
reservation is amount, share are ratio... so answer is BC
upvoted 1 times
elekgeek
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: BD I have dug deeper in this, question is NOT about shares for resource pool with respect to the parent’s total resources. Sibling resource pools share resources according to their relative share values bounded by the reservation and limit. BUT, question mentions allocation, hence a guaranteed CPU or memory allocation for this resource pool, the resources are considered reserved, regardless of whether virtual machines are associated with the resource pool. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html
upvoted 1 times
Joaquinoo
7 months, 1 week ago
Yes, but if you set High shares, then the percentage is High... What about adding a new host? Or adding new VMs to the pool? A percentage-based approach seems better in my opinion. If the vSphere DRS Cluster is at its full capacity, then the Production Pool will have high resource allocation in comparison to the Testing Pool. About C or D: When you have DRS On, the cluster becomes a parent pool (invisible root resource pool) of all the pools below, so if you have your Test VMs outside a child pool, they will inherit the resource allocation from the Cluster, which is going to be hierarchically bigger than Production VMs Pool. So yeah, I think A & D should be right. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html
upvoted 1 times
pennega
Highly Voted 11 months ago
I thinc the correct is BD https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html
upvoted 11 times
taka21
Most Recent 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: BC
普通にBCだと思う
upvoted 1 times
PD2024
1 month, 3 weeks ago
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-14102AB7-2CF9-42E3-9642-3EB6629EF530.html B - a memory reservation guarantees resources. C - a parent resource pool needs to be created for the production VMs as it does not exist. Shares do not guarantee resources, so wouldn't think that would be the correct answer, though it would still help setting shares too.
upvoted 1 times
MA_Vee2
2 months, 2 weeks ago
BC: the question says the pool doesn't exist. you first need to create the resource pool then reserve.
upvoted 1 times
FlipTrip
3 months ago
The question states that there are no resource pools. My guess would be CE.
upvoted 1 times
slizla
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Please, read the question carefully: There are no resource pools in the cluster. A combination of which two steps.... You must first create parent resource pool for production VMs in cluster - answer is C Then you must Assign a memory reservation value to the resource pool containing the Production VMs - answer is B Answer is BC
upvoted 1 times
FR_Wolfman
5 months, 2 weeks ago
We only want to guarantee resources for the Production VMs, the subject does not care about allocation of resources for Test VMs : so a single resource pool is sufficient. As we will have a single resource pool, it is a Parent. --> Answer C The only to ALWAYS guarantee resources, is to set a reservation --> so Answer B.
upvoted 1 times
Xinlu
6 months, 1 week ago
I think the type of parent, sibling, child is simply based on hierarchy. "Resource pools and virtual machines that are at the same level are called siblings. " Said so in this Doc. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html#:~:text=A%20resource%20pool%20can%20contain%20child%20resource%20pools%2C,The%20cluster%20itself%20represents%20the%20root%20resource%20pool.
upvoted 1 times
Lundu1995
7 months ago
Ill go with A &D if you create a two RPs and set one with higher shares its the result that if contention occurs, the RP with more shares gets more power. A&D is more practical because its more dynamic but still gurantee the highest level of performance in the RP with more share if contention occurs.
upvoted 1 times
bugpr0be
7 months ago
Selected Answer: BD
Parent is the root folder, hence the pool will be taken as sibling
upvoted 4 times
Joaquinoo
7 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: AD
I think it's better to work with shares than reservation in this scenario. What about adding a new host? What about upgrading the host's hardware? Or even adding new VMs to the pool? A percentage-based approach seems better in my opinion, as it is dynamic. The reservation is going to be a static value for each resource in the pool. If the vSphere DRS Cluster is at its full capacity, then the Production Pool will have higher resource allocation in comparison to the Testing Pool. About C or D (Creating one Prod Pool or one Pool for each group of VMs): When you have DRS On, the cluster becomes a parent pool of all the pools below (invisible root resource pool), so if you have your Testing VMs outside of the Testing Pool, they will inherit the resource allocation from the Cluster, which is going to be hierarchically bigger than Production VMs Pool. That's why you should create 2 different pools in my opinion. So yeah, I think A & D should be right. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html
upvoted 3 times
gorot
7 months, 2 weeks ago
BC To ensure that the Production VMs are always guaranteed the full allocation of memory in a vSphere cluster, you can perform the following steps: B. Assign a memory reservation value to the resource pool containing the Production VMs. By setting a memory reservation for the resource pool containing the Production VMs, you ensure that a specific amount of memory is reserved exclusively for these VMs, and it won't be used by other VMs in the cluster, even when the cluster is fully utilized. C. Create a parent resource pool for the Production VMs. Creating a parent resource pool for the Production VMs allows you to prioritize the allocation of resources to VMs within that pool. You can then set resource allocation policies for the parent resource pool to ensure that the Production VMs get the necessary resources.
upvoted 1 times
Bert_77
8 months ago
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html#:~:text=The%20resource%20pools%20at%20a,the%20root%20resource%20pools%20exist
upvoted 2 times
ChocolateNagaViper
8 months, 1 week ago
If you are unsure, read this: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html#:~:text=The%20resource%20pools%20at%20a,the%20root%20resource%20pools%20exist It's pretty obvious what is correct after reading the article.
upvoted 1 times
Bert_77
8 months ago
Looking at your article, a parent resource pool should have a child, so C does not look correct. I would go for B + D
upvoted 1 times
VCIXGer
8 months, 1 week ago
B and D. D while i read this: "Reservation: Specify a guaranteed CPU or memory allocation for this resource pool." B while i see the first picture one in this article. siblings RP under the the root recource pool. A parent RP have cild RP´s. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-resource-management/GUID-60077B40-66FF-4625-934A-641703ED7601.html
upvoted 2 times
ertin74
8 months, 3 weeks ago
BD, a pool for Prod, a pool for Test, reservation for the Prod pool
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...