Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-21.20 topic 1 question 8 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-21.20
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-21.20 Questions]

A recently deployed set of test virtual machines are impacting the performance of a company development team project datastore. The shared cache server appears to be suffering from storage congestion.
Storage I/O Control is already enabled on all company datastores.
Which two steps should the administrator take to improve the performance of the cache server? (Choose two.)

• A. Update the storage provider for the existing array.
  • B. Create a claim rule to control the storage path.
  • C. Configure the path selection policy.
  • D. Configure storage shares per virtual machine.
  • E. Configure storage limits per virtual machine.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: DE 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
LookingUp
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
D & E https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-25C3D9FE-3A9D-4739-AC75-16A9E0A3D9F0.html
upvoted 29 times
ita0009
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
D & E Reference page #40 (Storage I/O Resource Allocation) of the Performance Best Practices for VMware vSphere 7.0 guide https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjBlr6KtbfvAhXQt1kKHcVNBYkQFjADegQIKhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vmware.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fdigitalmarketing%2Fvmware%2Fen%2Fpdf%2Ftechpaper%2Fperformance%2Fvsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-70-performance-best-practices.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1fp7jIvJc8G0wBVEJYgVGM
upvoted 9 times
chaospikes
Most Recent 1 year, 2 months ago
DE Correct - Passed 500/500 today 1-Mar-23
upvoted 2 times
Tuhrjo
1 year, 1 month ago
permission to ask, the exam taken is VCP7 or VCP8, I am preparing for the exam but still hesitant to take VCP 8 is there any suggestion?
upvoted 2 times
KZM
11 months ago
You will earn VCP-DCV (2023) badge whether you pass the v7 or v8 exam. Note: v7 exam will retire on 31/Jan/2024. If you wish to take v7 exam, you must take it before 31/Jan/2024.
upvoted 1 times
Erb69
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: DE
I have to choose D & E based on this link. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-25C3D9FE-3A9D-4739-AC75-16A9E0A3D9F0.html
upvoted 1 times
Afino
1 year, 4 months ago
DE. I just passed the exam now. My Score was 492 and all the questions in my exam came from this dump.
upvoted 3 times
Mikevgc30
1 year, 3 months ago
Did you get the contributor access for the rest of answers?
upvoted 1 times
IsPeK
1 year, 5 months ago
"per virtual machine"
upvoted 1 times
DonChevoDeLaPaca
1 year, 6 months ago
The correct answer is D & E + You cannot update a storage provider and manually configure shares or limits. So, (A) is out of the questions as it asks you to pick two answers. + Select a VM storage policy from the drop-down menu. If you select a storage policy, do not manually configure Shares and Limit - IOPS. + https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-25C3D9FE-3A9D-4739-AC75-16A9E0A3D9F0.html
upvoted 1 times
holdmont
1 year, 8 months ago
D & E are correct
upvoted 2 times
King_Laps
1 year, 9 months ago
The correct answer is DE.
upvoted 1 times
Jasonwcc
2 years, 1 month ago
DE it is! Renew to v7. this still came out . pass with 500/500.
upvoted 2 times
lucaverce
2 years, 1 month ago
Reading the documentation better (Performance Best Practices for VMware vSphere 7.0 guide) , I agree with you that the answers are D and E
upvoted 1 times
lucaverce
2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
This question is asking how to improve the performance of the cache server, so we have not to put any limits on it.
upvoted 1 times
HealthyGeneral
2 years, 2 months ago
It's D & E, shares and limits. Passed with 500/500 today.
upvoted 6 times
slimco
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
I don't see how the path selection policy or a claim rule would be of any use in this situation. The data is still going to need a path to take regardless. This question is asking about the cache server and how to improve it's performance, so I wouldn't want to put any limits on it. If I was going to put any limits, they would be on the other VMs and that isn't what this question is asking. That leaves you with A & D.
upvoted 2 times
bobbypty
2 years, 4 months ago
Answers are D. Configure storage shares per virtual machine. E. Configure storage limits per virtual machine. Passed with 500 today
upvoted 5 times
rb107
2 years, 4 months ago
Any tips for the exam
upvoted 1 times
dcCMPY
2 years, 2 months ago
are there a lot of exam questions that come from this dump ?
upvoted 1 times
GonjiZero
2 years, 4 months ago
D & E are correct
upvoted 3 times
Osasa
2 years, 4 months ago
VMware vSphere provides mechanisms to dynamically allocate storage I/O resources, allowing critical workloads to maintain their performance even during peak load periods when there is contention for I/O resources. The storage I/O resources available to an ESXi host can be allocated to that host’s virtual disks by setting disk Shares or Limits. To set Shares or Limits, from the vSphere Client right-click a virtual machine, select Edit Settings, choose the Virtual Hardware tab, expand Hard disk 1 (or whichever hard disk you want to configure), then set the Shares or Limit - IOPs to the desired value.
upvoted 4 times
Osasa
2 years, 4 months ago
page 40 https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/performance/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-70-performance-best-practices.pdf
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...