Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 3V0-42.20 topic 1 question 5 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 3V0-42.20
Question #: 5
Topic #: 1
[All 3V0-42.20 Questions]

What selection is the key design benefit provided by a dedicated Edge Cluster VM or Bare Metal? (Choose the best answer.)

• A. reduced administrative overhead
  • B. predictable network performance
  • C. multiple Tier-0 gateways per Edge Node Cluster
  • D. support for Edge Node Clusters with more than 10 Edge Nodes
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
MJ86
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
Answer B is correct. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Validated-Design/services/deployment-of-nsx-t-edge-nodes-on-bare-metal-hardware-for-vmware-cloud-foundation-40/GUID-563E93F0-65C8-4649-B62F-9AFE89B08B50.html https://vxplanet.com/2019/06/13/nsx-t-edges-baremetal-vs-vm-comparison/
upvoted 10 times
Ansari678
Most Recent 5 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
B. Predictable network performance A dedicated Edge Cluster ensures that the network performance for edge services, such as routing and firewalling, can be consistently maintained and doesn't compete with compute workloads, reducing the risk of performance variations and ensuring predictable network performance.
upvoted 1 times
misterto
1 year, 2 months ago
Answer B. Faster Convergence with BGP peering. 3 Seconds for Edges, 500ms for Bare Metal
upvoted 1 times
shahedhasib
2 years, 10 months ago
The answer is undoubtedly A
upvoted 2 times
mk0123
2 years, 4 months ago
I see this question as more tricky than it would seem on the first sight - you see word performance and go with option B immediately, but the wording is different: PREDICTABLE network performance So what does make bare metal edge MORE predicatble than VM performance wise? In my opinion the fact that you have more raw compute power and thus more performance dosn't make it predictable. Reading VVD https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Validated-Design/services/deployment-of-nsx-t-edge-nodes-on-bare-metal-hardware-for-vmware-cloud-foundation-40/GUID-563E93F0-65C8-4649-B62F-9AFE89B08B50.html there are more arrows for the difference about manageability rather than performance. So I'm more inclined for answer A rather than B (C and D are plain wrong).
upvoted 1 times
tedybear
2 years, 4 months ago
it doesnt need to contend with other vm for resources.
upvoted 3 times
mk0123
2 years, 4 months ago
That is true and a good point, but it is quite speculative - you can for sure design the solution so there won't be any CPU contention. Looking on it from your perspective maybe more predicatble performance is in the non-existent overhead of the hypervisor layer in the case of bare-metal. Still the VVD is quite clear (at least I see it there).
upvoted 2 times
SkylarZ86
2 years, 3 months ago
there are differences in manageability between the Bare Metal and virtual edge nodes true, but nothing is a reduced overhead with Bare Metal Edge nodes, it even adds complexity to the design and deployment, B is the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
Me_Loi1
2 years, 11 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 2 times
diegof1
2 years, 11 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...