Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 5V0-21.20 topic 1 question 34 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 5V0-21.20
Question #: 34
Topic #: 1
[All 5V0-21.20 Questions]

An architect has been asked to design a vSAN Stretched Cluster. The architect will configure Microsoft Active Directory to replicate between a server on Site A
(preferred) and a server on Site B (non-preferred). The architect must minimize the amount of raw storage capacity used.
Which storage policy needs to be applied to the Active Directory server on site A?

• A. Dual site mirroring
  • B. None "" standard cluster
  • C. None "" stretched cluster
  • D. None "" keep data on Preferred
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Lazylinux
2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
I believe is correct as MS DCs are replicating and hence no need to replicate VMs i.e. mirror them
upvoted 1 times
DSITTA
2 years, 6 months ago
if you read again the question, the text say that we have two active directory domain controller replicating. So you don't need to replicate also the VM in the two sites. D is a possible answer because it will satisfy the requirments in the question.
upvoted 1 times
Rabbit117
3 years, 1 month ago
Having researched this question a bit more I now think the answer is D, based on the article below, http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2020/12/14/vms-which-are-not-stretched-in-a-stretched-cluster-which-policy-to-use/
upvoted 4 times
gkoylu
2 years, 10 months ago
I think the right answer is C; because if you choose a preferred site the data do not go to the non-preferred site so the VM can not be accessible between site a and site b. (I've tested it before.)
upvoted 1 times
vJoeyB
2 years, 11 months ago
Agree with D
upvoted 1 times
Alefin
3 years, 1 month ago
I think B
upvoted 1 times
Rabbit117
3 years, 1 month ago
I think C is correct. A will have mirrored copied of the data on site 1 and additional mirrored copies on Site 2. B is incorrect as the question states the design is a Stretched Cluster. D is incorrect as data is still stretched across both sites but in the event of a split brain where the connection between data sites is down the preferred site will be the active site.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...