Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-31.21 topic 1 question 34 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-31.21
Question #: 34
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-31.21 Questions]

An administrator successfully creates a new cloud template in Cloud Assembly for the DevOps project. The administrator is ready to publish the cloud template so that the DevOps team can use the catalog for self-service requests.
The administrator is trying to import the cloud template into Service Broker through the correct content source type. After creating the content source, the administrator cannot find the new cloud template listed in order to import it.
What might be the cause of this issue? (Choose the best answer.)

• A. The administrator did not create a version of the cloud template.
  • B. The administrator did not test the cloud template provisioning logic.
  • C. The administrator did not select the 'Release this version to the catalog' checkbox.
  • D. The administrator did not change the cloud template to a shared cloud template.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/8.4/vrealize-automation-transition/GUID-9C62A648-E605-4E58-885E-A5C9670AF611.html

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
AMNA2022
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
I think the answer should be C. it's a newly created template in Cloud Assembly and the administrator is trying to import, not the user trying to use it. as in the ref doc says 'When you have a deployable template, you can now make it available in the Service Broker catalog for other uses to deploy. To make the cloud template discoverable so that you can add it to the catalog, you must release it.' ref: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/8.6/Using-and-Managing-Cloud-Assembly/GUID-3A721093-9648-45D2-BDEC-11E9F36833E4.html
upvoted 11 times
CaliforniaJase
Most Recent 7 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Answer is C. Just like most of these questions, 2 answers are very close. Yes, it is true that the template must be shared with the appropriate project, BUT, before you can even use it in ANY project, the template MUST be versioned so that a version can be 'Released' and be available in Service Broker at all. Also, in the question, there is a statement that a 'new' template is created, this further makes it clear since a new template always must have a released version. If there was a comment about an existing template version etc, then projects might make more sense. Read here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/8.11/Using-and-Managing-Cloud-Assembly/GUID-6D29DA24-A0C0-43AC-AFEF-F4EF4C3CB24E.html#releasing-a-version-to-service-broker-2
upvoted 1 times
MachadoDM
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
The correct answer in my understanding is C, as the question is clear in saying that he wants to share this template only with the DevOps project team and it is a newly created model. He does not talk about sharing with more than one project, which would make alternative D the correct one. Therefore, for this question, I understand that the most correct option is C.
upvoted 1 times
IronMtn
1 year, 6 months ago
I don't think the question is worded very well. Depending on factors they did not mention, the reason could be A, C, or D. They are all valid reasons why a cloud template cannot be imported. But the question doesn't give enough information to know which one.
upvoted 2 times
obeythefist
1 year, 6 months ago
Which is it? C or D?
upvoted 1 times
obeythefist
1 year, 6 months ago
The more I consider this, I feel C is the "most" correct. 100% you must select the "Release this version to the catalog" check box for the version of the template you wish to share. While D can also be correct, we don't know where the administrator is trying to share the template. It may or may not be correct. Because C is more correct, I feel this is the way to go.
upvoted 1 times
Joeleo
1 year, 10 months ago
So... the answer could be C or D. Both are correct as best I can tell from reading Docs.
upvoted 1 times
safodz
2 years ago
the answer should be is A already tested it
upvoted 2 times
safodz
2 years ago
Sorry It is C
upvoted 2 times
Jarratt
2 years, 3 months ago
Correct https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/services/Using-and-Managing-Service-Broker/GUID-45AA67E6-9DF5-445F-ACAB-4FD1F2615611.html Share the imported cloud templates with a project. The people that you want to have permission deploy the imported 8.0.1 or later cloud templates, but be a member of the selected project. Select Content and Policies > Content Sharing. Select the project that includes the users who must have permission to deploy the imported 8.0.1 or later items. Click Add Items and then select one or more catalog items to share with the project members. You can select all the items imported from the vRealize Automation 8.x content source, or you can expand the source trees and select individual items. Click Save.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...