Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 5V0-22.21 topic 1 question 19 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 5V0-22.21
Question #: 19
Topic #: 1
[All 5V0-22.21 Questions]

A new host with local storage devices has been added to a vSAN cluster. Now, the administrator would like to increase the capacity of the vSAN datastore.
What must be done to the new host to accomplish this goal?

• A. Configure a RAID set on the storage controller.
  • B. Create one or more disk groups.
  • C. Delete all existing partitions.
  • D. Perform a storage device rescan.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vsphere.virtualsan.doc/GUID-666D9839-2726-4936-8C0F-94476ECE0606.html

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
CarlosMontoya
Highly Voted 1 year, 12 months ago
Selected Answer: B
Move existing ESXi hosts to the vSAN cluster by using host profile. See Configuring Hosts Using Host Profile. New cluster members add storage and compute capacity. You must manually create a subset of disk groups from the local capacity devices on the newly added host.
upvoted 5 times
ekarjun
Most Recent 1 year, 8 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 1 times
cheo
1 year, 10 months ago
You must manually create a subset of disk groups from the local capacity devices on the newly added host. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.vsan.doc/GUID-666D9839-2726-4936-8C0F-94476ECE0606.html
upvoted 2 times
jb844
1 year, 10 months ago
I came back to here and got confused by myself with my comment below. B is the answer, I was referring to NOT=C, Sorry for the poor comment.
upvoted 2 times
jb844
1 year, 11 months ago
A new host would not come with partioned drives. Formating and partioning then add disk group. No comment says they were partioned, hence just add.
upvoted 1 times
nando235
1 year, 12 months ago
The answer must be B
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...