Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-21.19 topic 1 question 101 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-21.19
Question #: 101
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-21.19 Questions]

An application owner complains about poor performance on a VM named APPVM01. Troubleshooting indicates that another VM named DBVM01 on the same datastore is saturating the volume with I/O requests.
Which two actions can be taken to reduce DBVM01 impact on APPVM01, while still prioritizing DBVM01 disk I/O? (Choose two.)

• A. Configure APPVM01 with a shares limit of Low, and DBVM01 with a shares limit of Normal
  • B. Enable Network I/O Control on the cluster containing APPM01 and DBVM01
  • C. Enable Storage I/O Control on the cluster containing APPVM01 and DBVM01
  • D. Enable Storage I/O Control on the datastore containing APPM01 and DBVM01
  • E. Configure APPVM01 with a shares limit of High, and DBVM01 with a shares limit of Normal
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: DE 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
rajavalas
Highly Voted 4 years, 5 months ago
Correct Answer is: A,D Questions reads as: "while still prioritizing DBVM01 disk I/O". It means DBVM01 should still need high I/O but at the same time it should not monopoly the bandwidth. Hence the share limit is set with APPVM01 Low and DBVM01 High. This helps APPVM01 to receive half the I/O of DBVM01 at the time of contention, hence there is no performance impact.
upvoted 10 times
s8y
4 years, 1 month ago
how do you know DBVM01 needs more I/Ops than APPVM01 as provided in answer A? It doesn't state that in the question.
upvoted 2 times
mariooiram87
3 years, 8 months ago
DB VMs always consume more I/O resources that APPs.
upvoted 1 times
JoeTech88
2 years, 5 months ago
The question says "while still prioritizing DBVM01 disk I/O."
upvoted 1 times
metapedro
Highly Voted 4 years, 2 months ago
Correct answer A and D. Checked in exam.
upvoted 9 times
bdsaifcse
Most Recent 3 years, 8 months ago
The correct answer is A & D
upvoted 2 times
indcloud
3 years, 8 months ago
It can't be D. That is not the name of the original VM.
upvoted 1 times
TopSpeed
3 years, 6 months ago
it is a mistype the correct answer is 1(A) Configure APPVM01 with a shares limit of Low, and DBVM01 with a shares limit of Normal 2(D) Enable Storage I/O Control on the datastore containing APPVM01 and DBVM01 why the question ask you to reduce DBVM01 impact on APPVM01, while still prioritizing DBVM01 disk I/O so DBVM01 with a shares limit of Normal (make sure it have more IO normal is 1000) and APPVM01 with a shares limit of Low (make sure it have some IO low is 500 iops it more then an app server need ) https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-BB7458A8-0CB6-4733-A168-A6B0C6268009.html https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-25C3D9FE-3A9D-4739-AC75-16A9E0A3D9F0.html https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-7686FEC3-1FAC-4DA7-B698-B808C44E5E96.html
upvoted 3 times
Rass2
3 years, 11 months ago
Correct answers A & D. Checked in egzam.
upvoted 5 times
Jamshid
4 years, 2 months ago
Correct Answer: DE
upvoted 2 times
vess666
4 years, 2 months ago
A and D is correct. Storage IO control is per datastore and not per cluster. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-BB5D9BAB-9E0E-4204-A76A-54634CD8AD51.html
upvoted 2 times
cloud99999
4 years, 2 months ago
I thought you could only enable sioc on a datastore cluster?
upvoted 1 times
MonditoVCAPoSSJ4
3 years, 8 months ago
you are correct
upvoted 1 times
JoeTech88
2 years, 5 months ago
No, you enable Storage IO control on a datastore, not a datastore cluster.
upvoted 1 times
vmwarelive
4 years, 4 months ago
Correct Answer: A,D
upvoted 6 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...