Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Essentials topic 1 question 55 discussion

Actual exam question from WatchGuard's Essentials
Question #: 55
Topic #: 1
[All Essentials Questions]

With the policies configured as shown in this image, HTTP traffic can be sent and received through branch office VPN tunnel.1 and tunnel.2.

• A. True
  • B. False
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
LoCarb_Monster
Highly Voted 4 years, 3 months ago
This is kinda a 'gotcha question'. You'll likely look at policies 7 & 8 and decide that the traffic would be permitted, however the question specifically asks about HTTP traffic; which is governed by policies 1 & 2. Only 'tunnel 1' is defined in those policies. 'Tunnel 2' is missing.
upvoted 6 times
BillFlippen
2 years, 5 months ago
HTTP traffic destined to Tunnel 1will be caught caught by rule 1 and processed there. HTTP traffic to Tunnel 2 Does not meet the "To" Criteria of rule 1 so it will proceed down the list Rule 7 say any traffic to tunnel 2 and tunnel 1 so that is where it will be picked up.
upvoted 6 times
CareSupport
Most Recent 1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: A
A. True
upvoted 2 times
memorx
1 year, 8 months ago
A. True Top-down first match Tunnel1 match 1&2 Tunnel2 match 7&8
upvoted 2 times
zoodata
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: A
True. A is corect.
upvoted 1 times
jycho
2 years, 7 months ago
I just tested it. The result is TRUE.
upvoted 2 times
_Maxime_
2 years, 10 months ago
TRUE !
upvoted 2 times
Watry
3 years ago
I read that incorrectly, rules 7 and 8 are set to allow, 1 and 2 do not matter since they are not referring to the BOVPN, so the answer is true.
upvoted 2 times
Watry
3 years ago
Answer is false. This is only referring to the BOVPN, so 1 and 2 are irrelevant in this case. Rules 7 and 8 are blocking traffic to BOVPN in both directions.
upvoted 1 times
Satornjkk
3 years, 3 months ago
Tunnel2 will sent all traffic matched Rul No.7,8
upvoted 2 times
LarsPape
3 years, 9 months ago
Should be true, even though rule 1 and 2 won't allow it, 7 and 8 will.
upvoted 2 times
ElvisBac
4 years ago
I think it's true. Tunnel2 is not intercepted by rule n 2 and goes down to rule 7 and 8. Sorry for the bad english.
upvoted 3 times
Thresmonkey
3 years, 10 months ago
I don't think you're correct... Let me explain. WatchGuard uses auto-order which places the most specific policies in the top of the order where as most generel policies are placed at the bottom. In this case, since there's already a specific policy that doesn't allow traffic inbound/outbound for Tunnel.2, I'd say the answer is B, false.
upvoted 2 times
MrPerfect
3 years, 9 months ago
In Policies 1&2, there is no disposition that would deny the HTTP traffic for Tunnel2, so if it not match it will go down till policies 7&8 which will allow the traffic......The correct answer is "True"
upvoted 8 times
ElvisBac
3 years, 6 months ago
yes, exact
upvoted 1 times
ItachI_Sama
3 years, 6 months ago
If you have a http package/traffic it will be processed by rule 1 or 2 because its a http package. The rule does not have tunnel 2 in it so it you can Not send it over tunnel 2. rule 7 & 8 are not for http traffic.
upvoted 2 times
payzey
3 years, 6 months ago
Rule 7 & 8 are for Any Traffic, therefore HTTP included.
upvoted 8 times
Maik
4 years, 3 months ago
The Answer should be True
upvoted 4 times
Lars89
4 years, 3 months ago
It would still be allowed in policy 7 and 8. Even though it isnt listed in policy 1 and 2 it would continue down the list until it is matched or blocked.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...