Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Essentials topic 1 question 30 discussion

Actual exam question from WatchGuard's Essentials
Question #: 30
Topic #: 1
[All Essentials Questions]

An email newsletter about sales from an external company is sometimes blocked by spamBlocker. What option could you choose to make sure the newsletter is delivered to your users? (Select one.)

• A. Add a spamBlocker exception based on the From field of the newsletter email.
  • B. Set the spamBlocker action to quarantine the email for later retrieval.
  • C. Add a spamBlocker subject tag for bulk email messages.
  • D. Set the spamBlocker virus outbreak detection action to allow emails from the newsletter source.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
vsffdpdocaralho
Highly Voted 3 years, 9 months ago
The correct awnser is A.
upvoted 10 times
MrPerfect
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
My opinion is that the correct answer is A.
upvoted 9 times
Figeko
Most Recent 5 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
Right answer is A, if it would be C the spam blocker allow all massive campaign
upvoted 2 times
ThomasRF
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Should be A
upvoted 1 times
BradKenn75
1 year, 3 months ago
Ahh, clever. The question states it is "Sometimes blocked" and what can you do "to make sure" it is delivered? Assume that the sender's server changes where it sends from... if you create the exception based on "From" and it changes (a variable not confirmed), then that won't "ensure they receive it", the tagging would deliver all, regardless of where it's from.
upvoted 2 times
bfg9000
1 year, 4 months ago
The correct answer should be "A".
upvoted 1 times
Xavi3D
1 year, 6 months ago
A is correct for me
upvoted 2 times
hfrpkrqgsrwwmlwjeg
1 year, 11 months ago
A is the correct answer.
upvoted 2 times
koozg
2 years, 1 month ago
You need to exclude From address
upvoted 2 times
BillFlippen
2 years, 5 months ago
I think it should be A to "make sure the newsletter is delivered to your users" C would then be added to let users know it is a mass mailing. There is a reason SpamBlocker is blocking in the first place. Still very vague question.
upvoted 1 times
nataldogomes
2 years, 10 months ago
For Bulk mail or graymail you can use the tag Bulk mail and send it for the users.
upvoted 1 times
R199ERS
3 years ago
Seems to be C - from available actions: "For the SMTP-proxy, you can configure the Firebox to take the following actions when spamBlocker determines that an email message is spam: Deny — Stops the spam email message from being delivered to the email server, and sends SMTP error 571 Delivery not authorized, message refused to the email server that sent the email message. Add subject tag — Allows the spam email message to go to the mail server but adds text to the subject line to identify the email message as spam or possible spam. Allow — Allows the spam email message to go through the Firebox without a subject tag. Drop — Drops the connection immediately. Unlike the Deny action, the Firebox does not send an SMTP error message to the server that sent the email. If the Firebox does not send an error, the server that sent the email will detect this as a timeout and will likely try to resend the message at least once. Quarantine — Sends the spam email message to a Quarantine Server. If you use spamBlocker with the POP3 or IMAP-proxy, you have only two actions to choose from: Add Subject Tag and Allow. You cannot use the Quarantine Server with the POP3 or IMAP-proxy."
upvoted 2 times
Watry
3 years, 1 month ago
Agreed, answer should be C in my opinion. Adding an exception would only block a single user domain. The question is not clear on whether it is the same company, but we would assume that the email newsletter could be from different addresses. Then again, the key word here is "the newsletter" singular, so it is somewhat of a trick question.
upvoted 1 times
Satornjkk
3 years, 4 months ago
I agreed with solution Answer is C. Question ask how to make sure my user'll get newsletters. If we choose A. What's going on if company change sender email or if new company send newsletters to users. If we trust spamblocker can classify type of email C. is good choice so we added tag for user can make filter rules for separate newsletters email.
upvoted 4 times
Turak64
2 years, 5 months ago
C is more likely to cause more spam to come through and how often do companies change the email address they send newsletters from? On balance, I'd say A is the better answer.
upvoted 1 times
KiwiTech
3 years, 9 months ago
I believe that the correct answer is A - this is how I have always achieved this on a WatchGuard
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...