Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-501 topic 1 question 790 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-501
Question #: 790
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-501 Questions]

A company employee recently retired, and there was a schedule delay because no one was capable of filling the employee's position. Which of the following practices would BEST help to prevent this situation in the future?

• A. Mandatory vacation
  • B. Separation of duties
  • C. Job rotation
  • D. Exit interviews
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Autox
Highly Voted 3 years, 9 months ago
If only one person knows how to do the job, get other employees into that role and trained up to do the job. Job Rotation is the concept of cross-training so that there is no Single Point of Failure (SPoF)
upvoted 12 times
BStub30
3 years, 3 months ago
I remember reading at one point in time that the best way to mitigate this is by mandatory vacations. If the person is required to be away on vacation then the company would not just stop while they are on vacation, they would be forced to have a backup person available to do the job. I have never seen a corporate environment where everyone rotated jobs, doesn't make any sense to me.
upvoted 3 times
Jeff35
3 years, 1 month ago
Yes, mandatory vacations will help, but will 5 days of training or 90+ days of training be better?
upvoted 1 times
erocky
Most Recent 3 years, 2 months ago
A. Mandatory Vacations :D
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
3 years, 1 month ago
I'm glad this is your one and only comment on this site because you are very wrong.
upvoted 6 times
izz123
2 years, 11 months ago
Agreed! 100% Mandatory vacations LOL I heard your sarcasm by the way.
upvoted 2 times
brosjay
3 years, 2 months ago
@BStub30 That is a very good observation. I thought about this too. Nice 1 bro
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...