Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 45 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 45
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

Joe, a user, returns his computer to the technician who performed a virus removal on it the week before. Joe states that several symptoms have returned.
Which of the following should the technician have covered previously as part of the original repair?

• A. End-user education
  • B. Pre-installation environment cleaning
  • C. Disabling of System Restore
  • D. Infected system quarantine
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
AOK223
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
You can never assume a scenario, only go by what the text says. It says the virus was removed so assume it was removed.
upvoted 7 times
Weta14
Most Recent 1 year, 6 months ago
A makes sense, since it says a week before, meaning there are days that the symptoms didn't appear, computer works fine. Then user might have done something again to make the symptoms recur
upvoted 1 times
iLikeBeagButt
1 year, 12 months ago
The user obviously clicked on something he's not supposed to and got another malware infection...
upvoted 2 times
ElPato80
2 years, 1 month ago
The question was good but still a little vague for someone who understands that C could cause the issue too. But otherwise A makes sense. At the same time though how do we tell he did educate the user or forgot to disable system restore?. Maybe the customer was careless or forgot the training as this happens over a extended period. Which then does point to A because it would take longer than a week for a end user to forget enough in most cases to repeat the same error in such a short time.
upvoted 2 times
abiswalton
2 years, 9 months ago
I believed it was C however the way i see it, if C was the right answer it would imply the technician was incompetent and didnt do his job properly and im sure that is not what they would imply..... but like i said thats how i see it
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 11 months ago
A by a longshot, in my opinion. It's just really likely you forgot to tell him what not to click on to give him a virus then all of those other complicated things.
upvoted 4 times
l0609890
3 years ago
I think it is C. Considering that many of the "same" virus symptoms came back indicates a high possibility that the virus was saved in the system restore. That means the technician forgot to disable the system restore.
upvoted 1 times
shogo11
3 years ago
I thought it was C. doesn't say anywhere that Joe was the reason for the Malware returning. It could have been due to not disabling system restore....
upvoted 1 times
RRKR
3 years, 8 months ago
Well, I strongly believe ans should be C.
upvoted 2 times
benperrin
3 years, 6 months ago
The answer is definitely A, when you refer to the steps to take in order to remove a malware, Educate the User is in last position, If Joe were to be educated about the malware symptoms by the Tech, He wouldn't be back the following week with the same problem again.
upvoted 19 times
HisFave
2 years, 7 months ago
Yes! EXACTLY!
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...