Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 251 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 251
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

A technician is having issues with the WiFi connection while working on a Mac. The technician wants to check which SSID the computer is connected to and some statistics about the connection. Which of the following terminal commands should the technician use?

• A. apt-get
  • B. iwconfig
  • C. sudo
  • D. ifconfig
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Rick123
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
answer is ifconfig, and there is no command iwconfig for mac
upvoted 18 times
ZioPier
10 months, 3 weeks ago
But for Linux yes
upvoted 1 times
BobE1
3 years, 7 months ago
I can also confirm that there doesn't seem to, unfortunately, be any iwconfig operation on a mac but seemingly only on a Linux. If this actually the case I do hope the situation can be resolved in suitable appropriate ways.
upvoted 3 times
ZioPier
Most Recent 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
I thought this answer was crappie, but after research, I discovered that iwconfig is a command similar to if configured, but just dedicated to wireless. Can't believe this
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year ago
Selected Answer: B
Dont trust the comment B is the right answer D is depracated in mac.
upvoted 1 times
enoyl
1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: D
macOS userland is built upon FreeBSD which includes a much powerful version of Linux ifconfig . It handles everything (tunneling, wireless and such) so that's why there is no iwconfig
upvoted 1 times
Students
1 year, 6 months ago
iwconfig Linux command for viewing and changing wireless settings from bock Mike Meyers. Mc GrawHill Education
upvoted 1 times
Greenenergy
1 year, 7 months ago
The answer is D.ifconfig.
upvoted 1 times
DrDoMe
1 year, 11 months ago
Update-its Definitely D
upvoted 2 times
DrDoMe
1 year, 11 months ago
Crazy enough correct answer seems to be B Iwconfig is similar to ifconfig, but is dedicated to the wireless interfaces. It is used to set the parameters of the network interface that are specific to the wireless operation (the wireless frequency, for example). Iwconfig may also be used to display those parameters, and the wireless statistics (extracted from /proc/net/wireless).
upvoted 2 times
iLikeBeagButt
1 year, 11 months ago
D. ifconfig I have a MacOS and entered iwconfig and this is the output below: -bash: iwconfig: command not found
upvoted 2 times
asheee_x
2 years, 1 month ago
mac commands aren't even part of 1002's objective....right ? .... THIS QUESTION SHOULDNT EXIST HERE
upvoted 1 times
sonny2
2 years ago
Mac uses the same shell as Linux. If a question appears about Mac's command line, you can safely assume a Linux command will work.
upvoted 2 times
xFlow777
1 year, 9 months ago
If so then the answer should be iwconfig because that's how you check wireless adapter information in Linux, but iwconfig doesn't exist in MacOS
upvoted 1 times
backdooranon
2 years, 1 month ago
iwconfig doesn't exist in Mac.
upvoted 1 times
TripeV
2 years, 3 months ago
iwconfig is similar to ifconfig, but is dedicated to wireless networking interfaces. It is used to set the parameters of the network interface which are specific to the wireless operation (eg. frequency, SSID). ... iwconfig is part of the wireless-tools for Linux package maintained by Jean
upvoted 2 times
Nebulise
2 years, 8 months ago
B is correct, see below: The ifconfig and iwconfig commands are used to configure network interfaces. While the ifconfig command is dedicated to wired connections, the iwconfig command is used on wireless interfaces. Source: Sybex A+ Review Guide
upvoted 3 times
Copextel77
2 years, 9 months ago
Iwconfig is similar to ifconfig, but is dedicated to the wireless interfaces
upvoted 1 times
KIng16
2 years, 9 months ago
B is correct!!
upvoted 1 times
dnbly
3 years ago
Mac OS X has ifconfig for general lan/wlan details and airport -I for detailed WLAN view I think. Iwconfig is only on Linux. Just because MacOS is based on Linux does not mean they have the same command syntax (I have experience using different Linux distro so I know the commands aren't necessarily exactly the same).
upvoted 2 times
notarobot4296
2 years, 4 months ago
Actually, MacOS and Linux are both based on granddaddy UNIX.
upvoted 1 times
Clavan
3 years, 5 months ago
Please note that the command exits and the answer is actually right. https://linux.die.net/man/8/iwconfig
upvoted 3 times
Ava1
3 years, 4 months ago
They question about a Mac, not Linux..
upvoted 5 times
Simdiddy
3 years, 2 months ago
The command line interface in macOS is the same as the one mostly used in Linux i.e Terminal. macOS is built on a UNIX kernel known as Darwin.
upvoted 3 times
Ava1
3 years, 1 month ago
I was wrong, you are right :)
upvoted 1 times
dnbly
3 years ago
No, you were right. A distro does not necessarily have the exact same commands and syntax as the original. Iwconfig is not on the list of available Terminal commands. https://ss64.com/osx/
upvoted 3 times
ep0ch
2 years, 5 months ago
mac os terminal does not have iwconfig https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/80187/is-there-a-mac-os-x-equivalent-of-the-linux-iwconfig-command
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...