Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 315 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 315
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

A home user reports slow computer performance and application crashes after clicking a `repair` button on a pop-up warning while browsing the Internet. Which of the following are the FIRST steps a technician should take to identify and resolve the issue? (Choose two.)

• A. Perform a system file check and replace any changed files with their original versions
  • B. Enable the pop-up blocker on the Internet browser
  • C. Uninstall any recently installed unknown programs and browser extensions
  • D. Perform a hard shutdown and cold boot the computer
  • E. Scan the RAM and hard drive using an up-to-date antivirus program
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: BC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Ava1
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
C and E? Why would you enable the popupblocker - there seem to be more pressing issues.
upvoted 14 times
KingPo
3 years, 1 month ago
The Pop-up comes from web-pages in the Web! Not from a virus on the PC.
upvoted 2 times
dnbly
3 years ago
Go study security a bit more, for example the link could have initiated a download, a virus could be in a saved cookie or settings/temp files could be infected. Any suspected infection needs to involve scanning.
upvoted 1 times
ola_mb
2 years, 9 months ago
scanning is correct but what should be done FIRST? I think B, C is correct
upvoted 3 times
examdominator
3 years, 1 month ago
I agree since it says "FIRST" ...
upvoted 1 times
dnbly
Highly Voted 3 years ago
I have mixed feelings about E. Firstly I think removing recent or unknown applications and running scans is correct. Prevention of future infection comes after removing the current infection. The problem is E states to scan the RAM and HDD, not a comprehensive job as it doesn't seem to include things like registry scan IMHO. This is important when considering the other answer is removing applications, so other threats like registry editing or a rootkit would be undiagnosed. Despite my.misgivings I would say C E is still more correct.
upvoted 5 times
lance12
2 years, 3 months ago
5. Schedule scans and run updates. is the 5th step and the question keyword is "FIRST" IMO the first best thing should Quarantine the infected system but its not in the choices
upvoted 1 times
Passngrass
Most Recent 1 year, 8 months ago
Application crash only happened after clicking on pop up means these answers are correct
upvoted 1 times
ronah
2 years, 2 months ago
im going for c and e because b seems like for end user. u will turn on the pop-up blocker so that it will not happened again. am i making any sense?
upvoted 2 times
lance12
2 years, 3 months ago
I can't connect this to the COMPTIA malware troubleshooting steps: 1. Identify and research malware symptoms 2. Quarantine the infected systems. 3. Disable System Restore (in Windows) 4. Remediate the infected systems. 5. Schedule scans and run updates. 6. Enable System Restore and create a restore point (in Windows). 7. Educate the end user. I guess we should IDENTIFY SYMPTOMS because if the word "FIRST"
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...