Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 331 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 331
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

Joe, a mobile device user, reached his monthly quota of data about halfway through the current billing cycle. Joe contacts a technician to identify potential issues with the mobile device, as his usage patterns have not changed over the past month.
Which of the following is MOST likely causing this issue?

• A. There are unintended WiFi connections.
  • B. Location tracking has been enabled.
  • C. Applications are causing high resource utilization.
  • D. Malware is causing excessive data transmission.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
dnbly
Highly Voted 3 years ago
D is MOST likely. C can be considered however this is a new issue despite usage not changing (and not being a problem in previous months) therefore is less likely than D. Otherwise I agree with Shogo11.
upvoted 9 times
shogo11
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Should be C or D otherwise they need to reword A that he is disconnecting from WIFI unintendedly which is causing more cellular data usage.
upvoted 6 times
Sandon
Most Recent 1 year, 7 months ago
B is the answer
upvoted 1 times
Jayzon
1 year, 7 months ago
I'm leaning towards the answer being D as well. Malware is most definitely a cause for excessive data usage in mobile devices. Check out Professor Messer's video 3.5 Troubleshooting Mobile Device Security.
upvoted 1 times
Anicka456
1 year, 7 months ago
HE use his moboile before without any issue ... same thing cant be malware as he will spotted that is something wrong cant be aplication he didnt install anything .. so i Will say that A is right .. humble opinion.
upvoted 1 times
iLikeBeagButt
1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Could be C or D, but I would go with D. Malware
upvoted 1 times
HisFave
2 years, 6 months ago
Answer is A.
upvoted 2 times
testicles2333333
2 years ago
oh yes because wifi = mobile data
upvoted 2 times
DJGeorgeCostanza
2 years, 9 months ago
Think it's A but it's poorly worded. C and D both imply something is using more data than normal, but the patterns of data usage haven't changed -- leading A to make more sense due to the user being kicked off of WIFI and having to use their data. It's just not worded correctly I think.
upvoted 4 times
JoeyPF
3 years ago
B is the correct answer. Can't be A because if its on WiFi its not using the Data from the mobile provider and if its not using the data it can't reach the cap.
upvoted 3 times
JoeyPF
3 years ago
Apologies I meant D.
upvoted 4 times
ola_mb
2 years, 9 months ago
I think you are correct. "Unintended WIFI DISconnection" would increase data usage NOT "connections" that would have made "A" a good candidate for the answer. D should be correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...